If you love dogs, then you think about acquiring a job in a dog care capacity. As a dog caretaker or caregiver, your main job will be to ensure the physical and emotional wellbeing of the assigned dogs.
In your resume (to apply for such a job), you must make sure that you highlight your skills, knowledge and experiences that make you a perfect contender for the job.
When writing your dog care resume, make sure that you focus on your knowledge of the work.
Dog grooming and bathing, walking, and general care will all need to be made part of your resume. Also, you must ensure that experience and achievements in a similar capacity are emphasized in your resume.
Resume sample for a dog caretaker position ahead:
Sample Resume for Dog Care Jobs
7 Main Road, Kent, OH 11235
DOG CARE WORKER
Exceptionally talented dog care professional with 8+ years of solid track record in handling canine needs. Demonstrated expertise in providing the highest level of care to assigned dogs, while maintaining their wellbeing and safety.
• Implemented a client tracking system, as a result, decreased problems associated with obtaining prior information
• Introduced training for special assistance dogs, thereby, increased agency interest by 65%
• Saved a dog’s life by recognizing early signs of cardiac distress and providing emergency help
• Trained 16 dog caretakers, as part of their induction program
– Dog Safety Assurance – Bathing and Grooming
– Meal Preparation – Emergency Handling
– Levels of Determination – Dog Handling
– Cleaning & Sanitizing – Dog Training
VC Animal Facility, Kent, OH
3/2017 – Present
• Greet the assigned dogs with required caution and display interest and love for them
• Make assigned dogs comfortable, by engaging them in banter and play
• Ensure that dogs’ primary needs such as bathing, grooming, and eating are met
• Clean and sanitize dogs’ living quarters on an everyday basis
• Maintain visual observation of assigned dogs in order to ensure their health and safety
• Monitor unwell dogs so as to ensure their progress
• Walk and exercise dogs in accordance with their training and exercise programs
• Maintain records of all assigned dogs, and interventions
Dog Care Worker
Top Pet Services, Kent, OH
9/2015 – 3/2017
• Assisted in creating living spaces for assigned animals
• Ensured that all living quarters were properly cleaned and sanitized
• Fed and groomed pets according to set protocols
• Monitored pets in order to ensure their safety and wellbeing
High School Diploma
St. Paul’s High School, Kent, OH – 2009