Dishwashers may work in hotels, restaurants, hospitals, cruises and schools alike. Where there are dishes to wash, there are dishwashers.
The position title is self-explanatory; dishwashers wash dishes. But this is not all that they do.
They may be expected to take out the trash or help the cook and other staff by assisting with their jobs.
See the following resume sample for a Dishwasher’s position which will assist job hunters effectively.
871 Milo Drive ● West Monroe, NY 90877
(000) 149-9009 ● [Email]
• 11+ years’ experience performer dishwashing and kitchen sanitation tasks
• Highly skilled in operating and handling automatic dish-washing equipment
• In-depth knowledge of the safe use of detergents and cleaning chemicals
• Profound understanding of health and safety regulations
• Excellent physical dexterity
• Able to lift heavy objects
Pantera Suites – West Monroe, NY | Sep 2010 – Present
• Clean, wash and store pots, pans and dishes
• Empty trash and recycle bins
• Operate trash compactor and dishwasher
• Stock supplies such as utensils in serving stations and cupboards
• Receive and store food supplies
• Assist janitorial staff with routine cleaning procedures
• Trained 32 employees as dishwashers in two weeks in time for the opening of the hotel’s new wing
• Acted as the cook for three weeks in the absence of the designated cook and managed to prepare dishes as per menu
Hershey Resorts – Hershey, PA | Aug 2007 – Sep 2010
• Maintained cleanliness of all food service areas and equipment
• Cleaned, washed and stored all eating and drinking utensils
• Sanitized kitchen surfaces
• Maintained clean dishwashing area
• Kept garbage compactor clean and neat
• Took and followed directions efficiently, which increased customer satisfaction ratio
• Worked for long hours in extreme temperatures
High School Diploma
Hershey High School, Hershey, PA | 2005