Dishwashers may work in hotels, restaurants, hospitals, cruises and schools alike. Where there are dishes to wash, there are dishwashers.
The position title is self explanatory; dishwashers wash dishes. But this is not all that they do.
They may be expected to take out trash or help the cook and other staff by providing assistance with their jobs.
See the following resume sample for a Dishwasher’s position which will assist job hunters effectively.
871 Milo Drive ● West Monroe, NY 90877
(000) 149-9009 ● [Email]
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a Dishwasher with Hilton Garden Inn utilizing skills in washing utensils along with the ability to assist kitchen staff in a stimulating work environment.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 9 years’ experience performer dish washing and kitchen sanitation tasks
• Highly skilled in operating and handling automatic dish-washing equipment
• In depth knowledge of safe use of detergents and cleaning chemicals
• Profound understanding of health and safety regulations
Dishwasher | Pantra Suites – West Monroe, NY | Sep 2010 – Present
• Clean, wash and store pots, pans and dishes
• Empty trash and recycle bins
• Operate trash compactor and dishwasher
• Stock supplies such as utensils in serving stations and cupboards
• Receive and store food supplies
• Assist janitorial staff in routine cleaning procedures
• Trained 32 employees as dishwashers in two weeks in time for the opening of the hotel’s new wing
• Acted as cook for three weeks in the absence of the designated cook and managed to prepare dishes as per menu
Kitchen Cleaner | Hershey Resorts – Hershey, PA | Aug 2007 – Sep 2010
• Maintained cleanliness of all food service areas and equipment
• Cleaned, washed and stored all eating and drinking utensils
• Sanitized kitchen surfaces
• Maintained clean dish washing area
• Kept garbage compactor clean and neat
High School Diploma | Hershey High School, Hershey, PA | 2005
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Demonstrated ability to take and follow directions efficiently
• Proven ability to work for long hours in extreme temperatures
• Excellent physical dexterity
• Able to lift heavy objects