The mere thought of a resume can make us get the jitters. It is definitely an overwhelming thought to write a resume since everything depends on it – chances of an interview and our career future. Many people find it alright to simply write a resume by dumping all information that they have into it. Wrong! You may have a lot of information but that does not mean that all of it needs to go into a resume. Leave something for the cover letter. Leave something for the interview. Leave some of it out.
Present your resume as your professional reflection to win brownie points. And you need those brownie points if you are applying for a kitchen aide position.
1 Valley Lake Drive | Houston, TX 77078 | (000) 412-7454 | linyo @email .com
SUMMARY: Well-organized, enthusiastic and confident individual who has proven skills in assisting with the smooth running of a kitchen by providing exceptional support with auxiliary work. Adept at washing dishes manually and maintaining kitchen work areas according to sanitation and cleanliness standards.
• Competent in handling inventory systems and ensuring that stock levels are kept organized
• Skilled in performing preventative and regular maintenance on kitchen equipment such as ovens, grills and fryers
|– Waste Management||– Equipment Maintenance||– Kitchen Housekeeping|
|– Inventory Handling||– Supplies Management||– Storage Solutions|
|– Food Preparation||– Food Safety||– Stock Rotation|
St. Peter’s Academy, Houston, TX (8/2014 – Present)
• Assist in food preparation duties and ensure that orders deliver on time
• Clean tables and chairs and ensure that condiments were placed on them
• Provide support to the cashier with the POS system
• Process payments in exchange of food items sold
• Ensure the cleanliness and sanitization of kitchen surfaces and equipment
• Carry out regular food quality audits to ensure constant conformance to quality standards
AAA Co, Houston, TX (9/2011 – 8/2014)
• Took orders from students and staff members
• Ensured that orders were relayed to the kitchen areas
• Effectively determined need for maintenance
• Assisted with both maintenance and repair procedures within the kitchen
High School Diploma – 2010
ST. PETER’S HIGH SCHOOL, Houston, TX