If you are writing a resume to obtain a childcare job, it is important to ensure that your childcare resume is above par.
That is especially true if you do not have any hands-on experience in the childcare field.
As an entry-level candidate, you can still write a great childcare resume by mentioning your transferable skills gained from education, real-life experiences, and summer and volunteer experiences.
Here is a sample resume along with this Entry Level Child Care Cover Letter to help you understand how to write a winning job application as an entry-level candidate.
Child Care Resume Sample With No Experience
99 Churchill Way
Laurel, MD 123000
To obtain a position as a child care worker with ABC Organization. Bringing genuine love for children to help them grow physically and intellectually.
High School Diploma
ABC School – Laurel, MD
CHILD CARE SKILLS
– Strong ability to look after children aged between 0 and 5
– Excellent personal motivation
– Focused, versatile and dependable
– Ability to adapt effectively to changing environments
– Qualified in CPR and first aid procedures
– Ability to formulate a curriculum for children based on age and need basis
– Able to develop and implement child development programs
– Good know-how of safety procedures required for safe playing
YMCA, Courtice, ON
May 2022 – Dec 2022
- Provided quality care to all children
- Engaged with children
- Supervised the safety of children at all times
- Planned a consistent child-centered program
- Completed required documentation and charts
- Ensured positive and professional communication with staff and families
OTHER VOLUNTEER WORK
Worked at a local church as a volunteer. Helped homeless people by counseling them and engaging them in interactive programs
AWARDS AND HONORS
Amongst the top 3 students (academically) in high school
– Member of the school Drama Association
– Member of the MD Photography Club
This is an idea of what I thought when creating my new resume in child care.