An order filler or an order picker is an individual who is hired by warehouses to pick up and prepare packages for delivery purposes. These individuals spend their entire workday on their feet, ensuring that the right order is delivered to the customer.
Their main job is to make sure that the order-picking work is handled in a proper way so that the customer gets the right order at the right time.
Working as an order filler will require you to possess a high school diploma or a GED equivalent at the very least. But if you have had some exposure to working in a warehouse environment before, your candidate will be considered more acceptable.
You need to possess great physical dexterity as you will often need to pick and lift heavy objects and move them from one place to another. Some knowledge of packing different types of items, and performing labeling duties will also come in handy when working as an order filler.
Since order fillers need to perform a lot of physical work, it is important for them to possess exceptional physical dexterity. As an order filler, you will be working on your feet most of the day, often having to walk long distances several times a day.
Order Filler Resume Sample
800 Olive Road, Cyclone, WV 25525
vin harris @ email . com
Physically dexterous, resourceful, and determined order filler with over 7 years of order filling, picking, and packing experience in busy and fast-paced warehouse environments. Skilled in following instructions to pick orders, and performing picking, packing, and shipping activities in an accurate manner. Known to resolve inventory discrepancy issues, with a special focus on ensuring item integrity.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
✓ Order Picking ✓ Shipment
✓ Labeling ✓ Inventory Management
✓ Order Determination ✓ Quality Checks
✓ Warehouse Organization ✓ Forklift Operations
✓ Paperwork ✓ Packing and Stuffing
✓ Price Marking ✓ Missing Orders Tracing
• Successfully picked over 100 orders in one day, without any delays or irregularities, in the absence of 3 other order fillers.
• Trained 15 order fillers to use and maintain forklifts, as part of their induction.
• Introduced a labeling system, which left 0% room for inaccuracies in product and batch information.
• Traced a missing order, which had been in limbo for over a year, by applying exceptional investigative and analytic skills.
First Supply, Cyclone, WV | 6/2020 – Present
• Look through daily work orders to determine the amount and type of items to be picked.
• Locate items within the warehouse, and compare them with information on the work order.
• Pick orders from shelves in storage areas, and transport them to checking or packing areas.
• Carefully pack each item according to predefined instructions, and ensure that is labeled with the right information.
• Transport packed and labeled packages to the delivery pallet and assist in loading them onto awaiting delivery trucks.
• Ensure that all packages are safely stacked on delivery vehicles, and secured with harnesses.
• Create paperwork for each outgoing package/item, and ensure that the delivery personnel are provided with complementary documentation.
• Assist in keeping the warehouse and storage areas clean and maintained at all times.
Warehouse Order Filler
Walmart, Cyclone, WV
2/2015 – 5/2020
• Assisted order pickers in locating items within the warehouse.
• Provide assistance in carrying large items to deliver pallets.
• Pasted identification labels on each item, and ensured that all assigned packages were properly wrapped.
• Cleaned warehouse surfaces, and ensured that all shelves were properly dusted.
• Assisted in loading items onto awaiting delivery vehicles, ensuring that they were handled in a safe manner.
High School Diploma
Cyclone High School, Cyclone, WV – 2009
Order Filler Job Description for Resume
- Look through work orders on a daily basis and determine the type and quantity of items to be picked up.
- Locate items according to their batch and item numbers within assigned storage areas.
- Compare the information on work orders with located items to ensure that both are at par with each other.
- Pick items by hand, or use forklifts to pick orders that are heavy or too difficult to reach.
- Transport items to the packing areas, and check them for any defects or problems.
- Isolate items that are damaged or do not conform to quality standards, and inform the manager about them.
- Pack picked orders in bubble wrap and crates and boxes, to keep them secure during transit.
- Ensure that appropriate labels are affixed on each packed item, displaying the proper item and batch number information.
- Transport packed items to the delivery pallet and assist in loading them onto delivery trucks or vans.
- Ensure that all items are properly secured with harnesses within the delivery vehicle.
- Create paperwork for all shipments, ensuring that appropriate documents are sent along with each item.