There is no doubt in the fact that writing a resume is one mean feat!
Especially if you are writing one for a position where customer service comes first – like that of the wait staff.
A waiter’s resume needs to be very thoughtfully laid out as recruiters look for people who can live up to the high demands of this job.
If your resume can depict this, you have half the race won!
Members of the wait staff need to be especially careful when writing their professional summaries – professional summaries get read first and it stands to reason that they form the first impression.
Other sections are equally important too.
The following resume sample for a waiter’s position will give provide you with ideas on how to write one for yourself.
See also: Wait Staff Cover Letter
Wait Staff Resume Sample
35 Eastman Avenue, Colonial Heights, VA 18397
chrisgale @ email . com
SERVER / WAITER
Eager to provide guests with exceptional customer service.
Energetic and high-motivated Waiter with extensive experience in culinary industry. Expertise lies in fine dining arenas, providing top quality customer services and maintaining a constant professional attitude. Special focus on creating an atmosphere of enjoyment for restaurant patrons. Track record of ensuring repeat business by providing excellence in customer service. Functional ability to handle irate customers with tact and in accordance to restaurant policies. Competent at food and beverage management, serving and stocking.
• Increased customer base by 60% through novel marketing initiatives
• Decreased food wastage costs by 6000$ per month by introducing “Waste Not Want Not” policy by giving customers a choice of portion
• Attained Waiter of the Quarter Award 3 times in 1 year following delivery of exceptional customer services
• Suggested corporate deals for restaurant patrons which resulted in repeat business in the form of corporate lunches and dinners
|– Fine dining
– Up-selling techniques
– Hygiene and safety
– Food recommendation
|– Table setup
– Food quality
– Menu development
– Customer service
– POS System
– Food preparation
Waiter | 6/2013 – Present
Sundance Fine Dining Services, Petersburg, VA
• Greet restaurant patrons and assist them in finding suitable tables
• Ask patrons if they would like to sit in child-friendly areas or regular dining areas
• Escort patrons to their tables and present them with menus
• Provide information regarding the day’s special and any special discounts on entrees
• Assist patrons in choosing items from the menu by providing information on ingredients and portion sizes
• Take food and beverage orders from patrons and provide them with information on order delivery time
• Relay orders to the kitchen and follow up on order if it gets late
Wait Staff | 11/2010 – 6/2013
City Hospitality, Petersburg, VA
• Delivered order to patrons’ tables and served food as per restaurant policies
• Refilled water and beverages in patrons’ glasses and inquired if they would like to order anything more
• Presented checks to patrons and took cash in return
• Cleared and reset tables as soon as patrons leave
• Instructed bussers and cleaning staff to clean tables and areas around tables
Busser | 1/2009 to 11/2010
Logan’s Fine Dining, Petersburg, VA
• Assisted in serving food and beverage items to restaurant patrons
• Cleared, cleaned and set tables up and ensured that dispensers were refilled constantly
• Set up and tore down buffet stations and ensured the cleanliness of stations, counters, and tables
• Coordinated activities with cleaners to ensure floors and counters are cleaned and disinfected regularly
• Carried dishes and glasses back to the kitchen and assisted in washing them
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
ServSafe Certified Food Handler
Orange High School, Petersburg, VA | 2007