A resume for a vet tech position is your initial introduction to your prospective employer. Therefore, it should be customized with the requirements of the employer.
How to Write a Great Resume for Veterinary Technician or Technologist Position?
- Start your resume using a Vet Tech Summary.
- Show your skills in handling animal assessment, anesthesia, procedures, and treatments.
- Add information on your achievements, experience, certifications, and education.
- Mention that you enjoy working with diverse people and animals.
The following examples of a vet tech resume will provide you with an excellent opportunity to craft your resume.
Veterinary Technician Resume Example 1
408 Ivory Lane, Greenfield, IN 54633
Top-performing Veterinary Technician with specialization in Clinical Pathology of large and small animals. Practical skills in sick animal care delivery, testing sample collection, and surgical assistance. Profound knowledge of contemporary animal care practices and the latest biomedical research in the veterinary field.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Medical Documentation • Animal Feeding
Animal Restraining • Tick/Flea Treatment
Surgical Assistance • Anesthesia Administration
Facility Maintenance • Progress Monitoring
Sample Collection • Vaccination Shots
Treatment Implementation • Behavioral Training
VETCO, Greenfield, IN (2013 – Present)
• Give vaccine injections and regular shots to large and small animals
• Register and observe animals upon arrival and collect preliminary information about the animal
• Provide dog behavior training consultation to concerned owners
• Guide pet owners in detail regarding pet care upon discharge especially after surgical treatments
• Obtain biological samples for lab testing and communicate the findings to the Vet
• Communicate with the animal owners regarding recovery and progress
• Enhanced the overall clientele by 30%, through the delivery of highly satisfactory veterinary care service generating positive customer reference
• Behavior-Trained a dog that was kept at the facility for two months after a medical procedure
Assistant Vet Technician
City Pet Care, Greenfield, IN (2011 – 2013)
• Maintained a medical record file for each patient
• Assisted the Vet in medical and surgical procedures
• Organized the facility in a neat, clean, and disinfected manner
• Physically restrained sick animals with safety and care as and when required
• Implemented the devised treatment plan based on diagnosis
• Fed and bathed recovering animals kept at the facility
• Conducted three massive pet care awareness campaigns to educate owners regarding large and small animal care
Southbay University, Greenfield, IN – 2011
Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Sciences
• Good Physical Stamina, Load lifting ability up to 40 lbs.
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• PC Proficient
American Veterinary Association – Current
International Veterinary Research Center – Current
Veterinary Technologist Resume Example 2
58 Example 7th Avenue, Glenview, IL 65987
Bringing extensive animal care skills to ensure the well-being of animals and pets.
• 3+ years’ experience as a Veterinary Technician
• CVT Certified
• Special talent for acting as an extra eye, ear, and hand for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care
• Known for efficiently educating clients regarding best wellness plans, preventive care, and pet health requirements
• Proficient in ensuring the safety of pets, clients, and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques
• Ability to maintain clean treatment areas, exam room, and labs, and assist efficiently during surgery
• Reorganized animal registration procedures, shortening process from 10 to 5 minutes
• Received the recognition from clients
• Obtained accurate information and history from clients which resulted in 100% completed medical charts
Glenview Animal Hospital – Glenview, IL
2013 – Present
- Provide nursing care and healing therapy for animals
- Perform laboratory tests to help in the finding of animal health problems
- Sterilize and prepare surgical equipment and clean after surgery
- Handle, hold back and care for animals during treatment and surgery
- Produce radiographs, and collect and analyze samples
Veterinary Specialty Center – Buffalo Grove, IL
2011 – 2013
- Provided wound and bandage care
- Prepared medications and vaccines
- Assisted animals during treatments
- Educated and advised clients regarding pet nutrition and home care
The University of Glenview, Buffalo Grove, IL – 2008
BSc. in Veterinary Technology – AVMA Accredited
- Medical software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Word and Excel
English and Spanish