A resume for a personal trainer position is a snapshot of the unique combination of your skills.
As employers usually spend 5-10 seconds reading a resume, your resume should be written in a way that quickly captures the reader’s interest.
A good resume persuades the hiring manager to meet the candidate in an interview.
View the following tips and a sample resume for further guidance.
How to Write an Entry-Level Personal Trainer Resume?
- Start your resume by using a summary or objective statement.
- Emphasize your relevant education, transferable skills, and knowledge.
- Limit the size of your resume to one page.
- Leave ample white space.
- Focus on the job description provided by the employer.
Sample Entry-Level Personal Trainer Resume with No Experience
902 Asbury Drive
Monroe, NC 55675
❖❖❖ PERSONAL TRAINER ❖❖❖
Passion for health and fitness – eager to instruct participants in a safe, pleasant, and positive manner.
Physically-dexterous individual with a passion to help ABC Gym’s clients meet their individual fitness and weight loss goals. Hardworking and reliable with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of health and wellness principles.
• Specialized courses in setting realistic, short-term fitness goals for clients.
• In-depth knowledge of planning weight training programs and assisting clients in reaching them effectively.
• Particularly effective in designing correlating diet plans to assist clients in meeting their weight training goals.
• Adept at educating and motivating clients to meet their fitness aims.
Certified Personal Trainer
International Fitness Professionals Association (IFPA)
CPR and First Aid
City High School, Monroe, NC – 2018
CORE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Communication | Motivating Clients
Exercise Planning | Training Techniques
Relationship Building | Cardiovascular Equipment Handling
Weight Loss Techniques | Personalized Diet Plans
BODY AESTHETICS, Monroe, NC
Sep 2022 – Dec 2022
• Assisted clients in understanding the use of training equipment
• Provided clients with information on nutrition and lifestyle changes
• Checked and recorded clients’ progress and ensured that it is in accordance with their individual goals
• Helped clients with their workouts by constantly motivating them
• Tracked client paperwork and recorded training sessions for payment purposes
• Conducted personal training sessions for new clients
• MS Word and Excel
Strong professional references are available