An interview is a difficult stage to cross simply because of the pressure associated with it.
Preparing yourself well for an interview is imperative. Your self-confidence should be evident – and this is only possible if you make sure that you have prepared answers to the questions that may be thrown at you during the interview session.
Do not fear. Go through the following set of interview questions and answers for the position of personal fitness trainer:
Personal Fitness Trainer Interview Questions and Answers
1. What inspired you to train as a personal fitness trainer?
Physical and emotional health has always held great meaning for me, which is why I decided to take up personal fitness training as a career.
2. As a personal fitness trainer, what had been your primary duties in the past?
While working as a personal fitness trainer, I have been working with clients on a one-on-one basis, to determine their specific fitness requirements, have created and implemented fitness training programs to meet the individual needs of each client, have monitored progress, and identified areas of improvement, and provided guidance throughout the program implementation.
3. Which skill do you believe is the most important for someone working as a fitness trainer?
Working as a fitness trainer requires an amalgamation of different skills to be successful. There is no single skill that I can point out.
4. What has been your most difficult task in the role of a personal fitness trainer?
some years ago, I was asked to help a 35-year-old woman shed weight – at that time she weighed 650 lbs. It was an extremely challenging thing to do, but I managed to bring her down to 265 lbs through light exercise and a healthy meal plan.
5. How do you manage to meet your own fitness goals?
I kill two birds with one stone by working out with my clients as I show them the ropes!
6. How do you make sure that personal training-related injuries are minimized?
I ensure that my clients wear the right type of attire for their training sessions, make sure that training equipment is used properly, and constantly educate clients so that they handle their sessions in a safe manner.