Dog trainers coach, encourage and motivate dogs to obey commands like sit, run and stand along with ensuring that they know how to behave in several different situations. Training dogs to be obedient is not an easy job as dogs do have a mind of their own.
If you have a natural love for dogs and understand how to manage training for them, then this job is for you.
And you can apply for it by using the following resume sample.
30 Buffalo Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY 73333
Cellular: (999) 999-0209, Email:
PROFILE: Trustworthy Dog Trainer with 8+ years of extensive experience in coaching, encouraging and motivating different breeds of dogs. A true animal-lover who has excellent understanding of advanced dog training methodologies. Well-versed in developing training plans for individual dogs and adept at implementing training protocols for a diversity of species. In-depth knowledge of canine biology and behavior. Uses proper equipment and voice commands for different breeds of dogs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Positive Reinforcement||• Bad Behavior Modification|
|• Communication with Dog Owners||• Dog Biting Control|
|• Dog Training Curricula||• Encouraging and Motivating Dogs|
• Develop and implement dog training programs
• Assess dogs in order to determine training needs
• Train dogs in terms of obedience and public manners
• Potty train dogs on command and manual wheelchair pulling
• Conduct training sessions for other staff members
• Manage seminars and presentation on dog care and training techniques
• Trained three dogs for a state wide dog competition in record time for the event
• Designed and implemented five sets of dog training programs to cater to Rottweiler dogs and Bulldogs
• Assisted with training animals within the kennel
• Looked after animals’ needs in terms of feeding and grooming
• Cleaned and sanitized cages and other areas around the premises
• Assisted the vet in medical and surgical procedures
PENN FOSTER UNIVERSITY, Niagara Falls, NY – 2006
Specialized Online Courses in Dog Training
SOME COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Niagara Falls, NY – 2005
High School Diploma