A personal trainer is hired by fitness companies to help clients meet their fitness goals. Personal trainers also work in private capacities where they can choose their clients.
The basic job of a personal trainer is to assess their clients’ fitness needs and goals and work out a plan to meet those needs.
While this seems straightforward enough, it requires a lot of thought and planning.
Exercise is not the only avenue that personal trainers use to assist their clients with meeting their goals; nutrition also plays an important role, and it is the job of a personal trainer to help his clients chart out diets and supplements to augment their exercise regimes.
In order to write a great personal trainer resume, it is imperative to start off your resume in an exciting manner with attractive headings and compelling content, and bullet points that the employer wants to see in a prospective candidate.
Here is a great resume sample for a personal trainer. This sample will help you understand how you can write a resume for this position.
Sample Resume for Personal Trainer Position
409 Pickwick Road
Foxworth, MS 52147
Focused and resourceful Personal Trainer with 14 years of dedicated experience working in diverse fitness environments. Adept at counseling clients regarding body fat analysis, nutritional needs, proper use of fitness equipment, and suitable form of exercise. Well-versed in conducting personal fitness workouts in accordance with the individual client’s needs.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Fitness Assessment
– Appointment Scheduling
– Equipment Maintenance
– Staff Training
– Training Equipment Usage
– Anatomy and Biomechanics
– Customer Service
– Team Work
Fitness Inc. – Foxworth, MS
2016 – Present
• Interview clients to determine personal fitness and health goals
• Develop, design, and implement a specifically designed diet and exercise plans based on individual client’s needs
• Engage clients in exercises
• Perform periodic fitness assessments
• Support and encourage clients to meet their fitness goals
• Demonstrate exercises when requires
• Advise clients on diet and nutrition
• Maximized the company’s profits by introducing yoga and aerobics regimes the memberships for which was bought by 80% of the patrons.
• Managed a special personal training class for 7 Hollywood celebrities.
Assistant Trainer (Fitness)
Club One – Miami, FL
2004 – 2016
• Assisted with analyzing clients’ training goals and needs
• Prepared equipment for clients’ use
• Maintained exercise equipment on an ongoing basis
• Provided demonstrations of exercises and equipment operation
• Sold exercise sessions and supplemental products to clients
• Provided front desk support when needed
• Reorganized the personal training regimens being employed by other personal trainers by introducing new and novel exercises.
• Awarded Personal Trainer of the Year “Award by Training In Motion” three times.
Bachelor’s Degree, Physical Education
Miami University, Miami, FL
Majors: Exercise Science
ACSM, CPR, and First Aid
Sample Skills for Personal Trainer Resume
- Appointments scheduling
- Body fat analysis
- Nutritional counseling
- Exercise programs development
- Monitoring members
- Equipment demonstrations
- Members’ safety
- Health & nutrition advice
- Fitness assessment
- Rules implementation
- Positive thinking
- Customer service
- Attention to detail