If you are applying for that very tempting lunch aide position that has been advertised in the newspaper, hold your horses! Think! Are you capable of handling the high demands of this job? Do you know anything about children and their behavioral issues? Are you familiar with the nutritional needs of youngsters? If the answer to all this is yes, proceed to writing a cover letter!
A cover letter for a lunch aide position will require you to be very focused on the job description. To be able to highlight your qualifications, you must first know them yourself. And once you have them isolated, you should be able to put them in a cover letter in an organized manner.
Through a cover letter, you are trying to get a point across and that is – how well you are suited for the advertised job. A hiring manager will look closely at the parity between what you have to offer and what he needs so it is important to pay special attention to what is required from you. If the comparison between the two is spot on, you will be called in for an interview – which must have been your purpose of writing a cover letter anyway.
Here is a cover letter sample for a lunch aide position that might interest you.
325 New Street
Monroe, NC 21020
Gloria @ email .com
July 14, 2015
Ms. Oliva Manning
Boston Elementary School
920 Ambrose Road
Monroe, NC 24642
Dear Mrs. Manning:
Your need for a Lunch Aide at Boston Elementary School hit home with my personal qualifications.
After reviewing my resume, you will note a perfect match between my skills and your requirements -through which I have proven to excel in this role. Specifically, these include:
• Demonstrated expertise in monitoring students during lunch hours to ensure their physical wellbeing
• Documented success in ensuring an efficient and orderly means of purchasing meals
• Known for encouraging students to partake their meals by informing them of health benefits of doing so
• Special talent for assisting students in developing appropriate eating habits pertaining to nutrition and manners
Through effective utilization of the above mentioned skills, I have managed to achieve the following:
• Established and implemented a system for the orderly disposal of food waste and dismissal from cafeteria
• Trained students in maintaining a cooperative atmosphere during recess time which resulted in appropriate cafeteria behavior and little concentration on behavioral monitoring
With my talent for recess process improvements, I believe that I can meet any and new challenges of working as a lunch aide at your school. I will call you next week to follow-up – but if you prefer to speak with me sooner, please call me at (000) 182-6532.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on