Personal fitness is the goal of many people in the world nowadays, owing to the fact that so many diseases are wreaking havoc with our health. It is no wonder that personal fitness trainers are all the rage nowadays.
They are hired by training facilities, and in personal capacities as well, depending on the individual needs of the client. The basic work of a personal fitness trainer is to make sure that the client’s individual fitness goals are met.
Working as a personal fitness trainer means that you have to possess a high school diploma or a GED equivalent at the very least. Some facilities may want you to have a personal fitness training certification as well.
Needless to say, you will need to be physically fit if you want to work as a personal fitness trainer – most people will judge your ability to provide them with fitness training based on how fit you are yourself! In addition to this, it is important for personal fitness trainers to be hands-on in the use and maintenance of exercise equipment such as cycles and treadmills.
If you have had some experience working in a personal fitness training capacity in the past, there is a great chance that you will be given higher consideration than an individual who doesn’t have this privilege.
Personal Fitness Trainer Resume Example
Slaton, TX 19758
cathpat @ email . com
PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER
8 years of extensive experience in developing and implementing core fitness regimes to meet individual client’s specific requirements. Highly skilled in ensuring the safety and well-being of clients during each session. Demonstrated the correct way of using fitness equipment. Friendly and passionate, able to get along with clients to meet and exceed their expectations.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
✓ Session Initiation ✓ Programs Implementation
✓ Safety Measures ✓ Diet Planning
✓ Personal Motivation ✓ Self-improvement
✓ Exercise Demonstration ✓ Plan Modification
✓ Injury Minimization ✓ Goals Identification
✓ Tailored Plans ✓ Progress Monitoring
✓ Implemented a client progress monitoring system, which dynamically calculated progress.
✓ Suggested tailoring exercise plans to the individual requirements of each client, resulting in increased interest in the facility’s services.
✓ Introduced 16 different types of diets, which could easily be tailored to meet the needs of individual clients.
✓ Devised a series of demonstrations, now being used as part of a marketing gimmick for the facility.
Personal Fitness Trainer
Fitness Goals, Slaton, TX
10/2014 – Present
• Greet clients as they arrive at the facility and engage them in conversation to determine their specific fitness requirements
• Assist clients in deciphering what they may need in terms of weight loss and muscle toning
• Create and implement specifically designed exercise and fitness plans to meet the individual needs of each client
• Help clients in performing exercises according to specified instructions
• Provide clients with information and education aimed at using fitness equipment
Personal Fitness Trainer
AA Company, Slaton, TX
5/2011 – 10/2014
• Developed diet plans according to the requirements of each client
• Screened clients aimed at determining if any additional requirements need to be fulfilled
• Monitored clients as they perform exercises to ensure that no injuries or accidents prevail
• Evaluated each client’s specific progress and make changes if and as needed
Fitness Trainer Assistant
Allied Fitness Center, Slaton, TX
2/2008 – 5/2011
• Set up exercise equipment at the beginning of each shift and checked it to see if it worked correctly
• Assisted clients in using exercise equipment such as treadmills and exercise cycles
• Led training sessions such as Zumba and aerobics, by following predefined instructions
• Ensured that all exercise equipment was maintained and repaired in a timely manner
• Oversaw the cleanliness and maintenance of the exercise facility, to ensure client satisfaction at all times
High School Diploma
Slaton High School, Slaton, TX – 2007
Personal Fitness Trainer Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet clients as they arrive at the facility, and inquire about their personal fitness goals.
- Provide clients and prospective clients with information on available services and resources at the facility.
- Assess clients’ physical conditions and inquire into any health issues or problems that they may be facing.
- Help new clients through the registration process, ensuring that important information such as demographics and medical histories are obtained and documented.
- Create client-specific exercise plans and ensure that they are implemented in an appropriate manner.
- Develop meal plans according to the specific requirements of each client and tweak them according to their dynamic needs.
- Assist clients in the use of exercise equipment, ensuring that they are made aware of any dangers associated with misuse.
- Evaluate clients’ progress and modify training programs according to their changing requirements.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Provide diet and lifestyle suggestions, in accordance with each individual client’s specific goals.
Personal Fitness Trainer Skills for Resume
- Fitness goals and objectives determination
- Initial assessment
- Fitness plans creation
- Goals Identification
- Exercise machines calibration
- Clients’ safety
- Fitness instructions
- Progress monitoring
- Plan Modification
- Injury Minimization
- Attention to detail
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution
- Critical thinking