One cannot deny the fact that resume skills play a major role in landing a job for Beauty Therapist position.
As a beauty therapist, you need to know about beauty trends (in both make-up and hairstyles) and need to keep abreast of latest technologies.
It is an established fact that beauty therapists need to be practical in their work. Competition is tough, therefore, need to stay at the top is high. With many new therapies and technologies coming up that promise “rejuvenated skin” and “instantly thick hair”, you need to possess market trends and technology information to be successful.
Sample Skills for Beauty Therapist Resume
• Track record of conversing with clients and providing them with information regarding beauty trends.
• Friendly and caring demeanor targeted at putting clients at ease.
• Exceptional physical stamina; able to handle physically demanding tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to practice patience especially during long and arduous therapy sessions.
• Good eye for detail; able to point out and treat radical skin and hair conditions.
• Sensitive to clients’ needs in their most vulnerable positions.
• Effective skills in showing interest in clients needs and their beauty worries.
• Committed to staying personable, confident and relaxed in a bid to ensure client confidence.
• Qualified to stay discreet and trustworthy.
• A steady hand and good hand-eye coordination.
• Artistic flair aimed at applying makeup and styling hair.
• Comprehensive knowledge of makeup brands and application techniques.
• Strong knowledge of skin and hair care products and their sensitivity levels.
• Particularly effective in showing concern especially working with clients who are sensitive about their problems.
• Special talent for providing emotional therapy to clients suffering from low self-esteem due to their physical appearance.