Beauty therapists are responsible for providing personalized beauty treatment and suggestions to clients.
They offer personal beauty services and have to ensure that they provide suggestions keeping in mind the tact that is needed to discuss sensitive areas.
They might be self-employed or work at beauty salons alike.
How to Write a Great Resume for Beauty Therapist Position?
- Adjust the content of your resume to match the requirements of the prospective employer.
- Research on the core values and mission of prospective employer before applying for a beauty therapist job. You can get this information from the official website of the prospective organization.
- Don’t lie or over-represent your qualifications. That said, ensure there are no inaccuracies or false statements.
- Include a targeted and robust objective or summary statement.
- Add your most important skills, areas of expertise, key accomplishments, and capabilities.
- Ask your friend or relative to check your resume for mistakes.
- Send a Beauty Therapist Cover Letter along with your resume.
Here is the best example to guide you further:
Sample Resume for Beauty Therapist Position
89 Great Bear Road, Fulton, NY 85412
❖❖ BEAUTY THERAPIST ❖❖
Client service-orientated | Can-do attitude
Energetic and personable beauty therapy professional with 13+ years’ progressive experience. Verifiable track record of administering a range of beauty treatments to clients including waxing, manicure/pedicure, gel nails, facials, massage, eyelash extensions and spray tanning.
Proficient in providing first house duties and promoting salon products. Special talent for analyzing body and hair type and advising exercise programs and diets. Performed front desk and clerical tasks effectively.
LICENSE & MEMBERSHIP
• Esthetician Licensure
• Beauty Therapist Association of New York
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Skincare – Acupressure
– Oriental massage – Facials
– Aromatherapy – Multivitamin treatment
– Waxing – Masks
– Chemical peels
AAA Salon – Fulton, NY
Dec 2015 – Present
- Greet clients and patrons as they arrive
- Provide information regarding therapies and sessions
- Encourage cross-selling of skincare items
- Cut and style hair
- Perform hair extensions and other related procedures
- Introduced a new range of effective hair and skin products to patrons of the salon
- Trained seven new personnel to be classified hair therapists
City Styles – Fulton, NY
Sep 2004 – Dec 2015
- Provided body massages and therapeutic procedures
- Offered skin treatments
- Advised clients about individual skin issues and treatments
- Performed cashier duties as and when required
Adam’s Technical College, Fulton, NY
Diploma for Beauty Specialists
• American Skin Care Techniques
• Prescriptive Retailing
• Body Therapy
• Proven ability to anticipate and understand clients’ needs
• Able to provide relevant advice to individuals
• Exceptional communication skills