Beauty therapists are responsible for providing personalized beauty treatment and suggestions to the clients.
They offer personal beauty services and have to ensure that they provide suggestions keeping in mind the tact that is needed to discuss sensitive areas. The might be self-employed or work at beauty saloons alike.
Beauty Therapist Resume Tips
● Consider your resume as a self-marketing tool not a career obituary.
● Adapt and adjust the content of your resume to match the requirements of prospective employer.
● Research on the core values and mission of prospective salon or spa before applying for a beauty therapist job. You can get this information from the official website of prospective organization.
● Don’t lie or over-represent your qualifications; ensure there are no inaccuracies or false statements.
● Include a strong and targeted objective or summary statement.
● Include your most important skills, areas of expertise, key accomplishments, and capabilities.
● Ask your friend or relative to check your resume for mistakes.
See also: Beauty Therapist Cover Letter Sample
Beauty Therapist Resume Example
89 Great Bear Road ● Fulton, NY 99990 ● (910) 909-9229 ● Email
❖❖ BEAUTY THERAPIST ❖❖
Client service-orientated / Can-do attitude
Energetic and personable beauty therapy professional with 13+ years’ progressive experience. Verifiable track record of administering a range of beauty treatments to clients including waxing, manicure/pedicure, gel nails, facials, massage, eye lash extensions and spray tanning.
Proficient in providing front house duties and promoting salon products. Special talent for analyzing body and hair type and advising exercise programs and diets. Performs front desk and clerical tasks effectively.
LICENSE & MEMBERSHIP
• Esthetician Licensure
• Beauty Therapist Association of New York
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|✓ Skin care||✓ Acupressure||✓ Oriental massage|
|✓ Facials||✓ Aromatherapy||✓ Multivitamin treatment|
|✓ Waxing||✓ Masks||✓ Chemical peels|
AAA Salon – Fulton, NY Dec 2010 – Present
• Greet clients and patrons as they arrive
• Provide information regarding therapies and sessions
• Encourage cross selling of skin care items
• Cut and style hair
• Perform hair extensions and other related procedures
• Introduced a new range of effective hair and skin products to patrons of the salon
• Trained seven new personnel to be classified hair therapists
City Styles – Fulton, NY Sep 2004 – Dec 2010
• Provided body massages and therapeutic procedures
• Provided skin treatments
• Advised clients about individual skin issues and treatments
• Performed cashier duties as and when required
Adam’s Technical College, Fulton, NY – 2001
Diploma for Beauty Specialists
• American Skin Care Techniques
• Prescriptive Retailing
• Body Therapy
• Proven ability to anticipate and understand clients’ needs
• Able to provide relevant advice to individuals
• Exceptional communication skills