Beauty Therapist Job Description
A perfect day at the spa is usually courtesy of a beauty therapist. Beauty therapists work in spas and salons where they are entrusted with a variety of personal care work.
As a beauty therapist, you will be administering beauty treatments to your clients depending on what their specific needs are.
Working as a beauty therapist can be quite rewarding as you will help your client achieve their personal care goals.
Beauty therapists are trained in handling a range of face and body treatments. They are also well versed with skin diseases and can sometimes prescribe treatment with over the counter skin medicines.
If you want to work as a beauty therapist, you will need to understand beauty trends and ensure that you follow them – provided that your clients want you to!
As a beauty therapist, it is essential for you to help clients achieve their beauty goals.
This means that you will need to do a lot of listening so that you can understand what your clients want.
You will also be at liberty to suggest different makeovers to your clients but will eventually have to follow their instructions.
What more will you do in this role? Read on.
Sample Job Description for Beauty Therapist Resume
- Engage clients in conversation to determine their beauty goals
- Carry out skin and hair analysis to figure out what clients need in terms of treatment
- Provide clients with information on feasible skin and hair treatments
- Explain treatment procedures and provide information on products that will be used
- Conduct a short interview to take clients’ medical histories to determine if they are allergic to any product
- Perform a range of massages and aromatherapies
- Remove facial and body hair using electrolysis, waxing, and laser treatments
- Perform manicures and pedicures
- Handle hair trimming, cutting, and styling activities
- Perform hair tinting, streaking, and coloring tasks
- Perform threading activities eyelash tinting and dying
- Apply face and body make as per clients’ instructions
- Perform nail and hair extension activities
- Provide advice to clients who have just had cosmetic surgery
- Advise clients regarding post-treatment care
- Sell retail products based at the salon
- Manage the reception area by taking telephone calls, making and following up on appointments, and greeting clients
- Educate clients about the different types of therapies and treatments available at the salon
- Answer clients’ questions about therapies and treatments and give them an overview of “what to expect.”
Recommended: Beauty Therapist Cover Letter