When building your resume for an irrigation technician position, you need to research the position first. Once you know the job description and employer’s needs, you can quickly build an effective resume.
Analyze your skills i.e.
what do you know about the different technologies used in the irrigation system?
Are you aware of the tools needed to perform the job?
Are you physically agile?
Asking these questions from yourself will help you write a good resume.
Typically, your resume for an irrigation technician position should chart out how well you know about the troubleshooting, installation, and maintenance of irrigation systems.
You may use the following free resume sample and customize it per your specific needs.
Irrigation Technician Resume Example
100 Main Boulevard ● Wilmington, DE 23417 ● (000) 999-8541 ● [Email]
Energetic self-starter with excellent knowledge of sophisticated irrigation systems, their correlation with landscaping and agricultural uses. A technically savvy individual who has hands-on experience in operating and controlling tools and equipment used in irrigation work. Competent at reading diagrams and blueprints intending to planning the laying of complex irrigation systems.
|● Preventative maintenance||● Hand and power tools||● Electric meters and pumps|
|● Water loss management||● Valve programs||● Physical dexterity|
|● Irrigation controllers||● Troubleshooting||● Trenchers and drills|
Irrigation Technician | 6/2009 – Present
The Brickman Group, Wilmington, DE
• Design and implement a computer-controlled irrigation system, the first of its kind in the state of Delaware.
• Reduce chances of water loss through system breakage by 40% employing checks and balances at three checkpoints.
• Successfully perform tests on irrigation systems to determine proper functioning.
• Maintain knowledge of new irrigation systems by studying blueprints.
• Make notes to assess materials and equipment needed to begin installations.
• Install complex irrigation systems by conforming to state and federal laws.
• Install irrigation timers, pipes and valves according to specifications charted out in the plan.
• Integrate sprinkler systems in existing irrigation systems.
• Operate a variety of machinery such as trucks and trenchers.
Irrigation Technician | 11/2006 – 6/2009
ABC Company, Wilmington, DE
• Increased the efficiency of previous irrigation system by 50% by conducting regular inspections.
• Trained 15 new employees to work as irrigation technicians for 3 sites.
• Repaired damaged and malfunctioning parts of irrigation system.
• Used logic and reasoning to determine types of irrigation systems and networks needed for individual projects.
• Performed both preventative and regular maintenance on irrigation systems.
• Made necessary adjustments to ensure that irrigation systems stay in place.
• Conducted regular irrigation systems inspections and isolate problematic modules.
• Performed repairs on problematic modules by using a variety of tools.
• Maintained inventory of tools and equipment used in installation, maintenance and repair of irrigation and auxiliary systems.
Irrigation Projects Helper | 5/2003 – 11/2006
Mainscape, Wilmington, DE
• Assisted in laying out irrigation systems using tools of the trade.
• Provided support in locating problematic parts and repairing or replacing them.
• Prepared irrigation valves and pipes for installation purposes.
• Assisted in tested installed irrigation systems.
• Kept track of inventory of parts, materials, tools and equipment used in installation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
CPR and First Aid
Pesticide Applicator certification
Current Delaware’s driver’s license
High School Diploma
Cooper’s High school, Wilmington, DE