Resumes are documents that are highly detailed.
And this detail is what makes them successful.
That is if they are written according to the requirements of a prospective employer. Here is a sample for you to go through:
Appliance Repair Technician Resume Example
78 Livingston Drive, Elkins, WV 00210
APPLIANCE REPAIR TECHNICIAN
8 years of experience handling repair and maintenance work on both household and commercial appliances. Demonstrated ability to determine problems and issues associated with appliance breakdown. Effectively able to disassemble appliances to identify parts and motor issues, ensuring minimum downtime.
|Diagnostics||Repair and Maintenance||Circuit Training|
|Circuit Tracing||Cost Estimates||Records Maintenance|
|Downtime Minimization||Cooling Systems||Parts Installation|
|Thermostat Setting||Systems Inspection||Appliance Troubleshooting|
• Simultaneously handled repair and maintenance work on 2 appliances, ensuring that both of them were managed correctly.
• Troubleshoot a particularly tricky issue concerning a household appliance, which was in limbo for 3 months.
• Reduced appliance downtime (in a commercial capacity) by 85% by implementing a novel backup system.
• Successfully implemented a repair estimation system, which proved to be highly successful in providing cost estimates for ordinary repairs.
Appliance Repair Technician
GE Appliances, Elkins, WV | 2012-Present
• Confer with customers to determine their requirements regarding repair and maintenance of appliances.
• Inspect appliances to determine problems and issues to provide customers with feedback.
• Provide cost estimates to customers after calculating repair and/or maintenance requirements.
• Perform diagnostic work on appliances by tracing circuits, and following diagrams.
• Suggest repair or replacement work depending on the specific needs of the appliance, and obtain approval for them.
• Repair or replace appliance circuits or parts, and ensure that any further issues are communicated to the customer.
• Educate customers on the proper use and maintenance of their appliances, and show them the ropes where necessary.
• Create and maintain records of all repair and maintenance work done, and keep supervisor updated about parts and tools requirements.
Appliance Repair Technician
Sears Inc., Elkins, WV | 2010-2012
• Assisted technicians by gathering tools and equipment required for appliance repair and maintenance.
• Cleaned and lubricated parts according to provided instructions, as part of the maintenance program.
• Ascertained that all tools and parts not being used are properly stored in designated areas.
• Assisted in the assembling of both new and reconditioned appliances, by following set instructions.
• Disassembled parts of appliances, to determine issues, and assisted with troubleshooting and reassembling work.
Elkins High School, Elkins, WV – 2009
High School Diploma