Computer Technicians provide first-line technical support to end-users facing difficulties with computer hardware, software, applications, and peripheral devices.
They are employed by software development companies, computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, call centers, and information technology departments of private and public sectors.
Also, they work for independent technical support companies, or they might be freelancers.
When writing a cover letter for a computer technician resume, keep in mind that this is the first and final document that will prove your candidacy for the job.
Here is a great example to guide you further.
Sample Cover Letter for Computer Technician Position
655 5th Street
San Diego, CA 62554
john @ email . com
December 7, 2021
Ms. Belly Smith
LPL Financial Services
33 Some Street
San Diego, CA 65228
Dear Ms. Smith:
Your Computer Technician position demands the skills, qualifications, and technical knowledge that I have gained through 3 years’ hands-on work experience as a freelance PC Technician. A computer science graduate with A+ and MCITP certifications, I am eager to leverage my talents and expertise to contribute to your bottom-line.
Based on my understanding of your organization and its technical support needs, here are some aspects of my background that seem most relevant:
- Hands-on experience in installing and troubleshooting software, hardware, network, and peripherals issues.
- Talented in installation and re-installation of operating systems, PC Imaging, and configuration.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that antivirus is installed on every system, correctly configured, frequently updated, and working properly on all computers and servers.
- Highly skilled in checking and installing LAN via UTP and handling backup logs.
- Able to perform routine network maintenance tasks while helping end users understand software.
- Effectively liaise with vendors for warranty and troubleshooting issues.
Besides technical competencies, my excellent customer service and problem-solving skills will help me contribute to your organization. I take immense pride in managing workload and prioritizing multiple projects.
As you are looking for a highly professional and dependable Computer Technician who can contribute to your different departments, I hope you will consider my qualifications and credentials. I will contact you next week to follow up on my application and possibly arrange an interview. In the meantime, I can be contacted at (000) 987-4532.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.