A resume is your first and single opportunity to win a good impression on a recruiter and secure yourself a job interview.
It is crucial to build a really compelling resume that appeals to your prospective employers so they are encouraged to call you for an interview.
If you are planning to apply for a classroom assistant position, make sure your resume is tailored to suit the specific job demands of your prospective employer.
Related: Classroom Assistant Cover Letter
Here is a sample resume to guide you.
Classroom Assistant Resume Example
348 Avalon Lane
Nashville, TN 67332
Self-directed, resourceful, and highly enthusiastic classroom assistant. Committed to creating and maintaining an intellectually enriching ‘fun to learn’ culture. Profound ability to assess and identify the developmental needs of students and to cater to the same. A creative individual who is competent in designing innovative learning activities to deliver the highest standards of classroom support and teacher assistance.
– Notebook Checking – Assignment Checking
– Activity Conduction – Board Maintenance
– Remedial Classes – Field Trips
– Record Keeping – Special Needs Assistance
– Children Supervision – Formative Assessments
– Homework Coordination – Student Counseling
• Increased students’ class participation level by 20% through effective counseling and implementation of student motivational strategies.
• Conducted the annual student’s day for grade 4 successfully in the absence of the teacher.
• Identified a special needs child with multiple learning disabilities and referred him for further assessment and support timely.
• Earned the best classroom assistant award thrice.
CLASSROOM ASSISTANCE EXPERIENCE
Spectrum Educators, Nashville, TN
7/2017 – Present
• Prepare instructional materials for display in the classroom
• Assist the teacher in the conduction of learning activities and special events
• Tutor students one to one or in small groups for remedial measures
• Coordinate homework collection and check with the teacher
Knowledge Universe, Nashville, TN
3/2014 – 6/2017
• Maintained and regularly updated the environmental boards
• Kept record of each child’s progress in individual portfolios
• Upheld the class racks organized with notebooks and distribution material filed and labeled properly
ABC Company, Nashville, TN
AAA Store, Nashville, TN
1/2013 – 10/2013
Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education
City Technical College, Nashville, TN – 2007
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Demonstrated supervision skills for recess and off time
• CPR Certified