Your resume and cover letter for Autism Teacher position is your initial introduction to the prospective employer.
It conveys who you are, what qualifications and skills you possess and is helpful to the employer’s verdict to set up an interview to get to know you better.
When sending your resume to a prospective employer, tailor it as per specific job requirements even if you are sending your resume through email.
In your Autism Teacher Resume, you should emphasize your skills, experience, and abilities in creating a flexible program.
See the Autism Teacher Resume Sample below to get assistance in building a simple but attractive resume.
Related: Autism Teacher Cover Letter
Autism Teacher Resume Example
35 Example Street, Caledonia, MI 65214
Contact #, Email Address
Strong devotion to the total development of children with special needs.
• 8+ years’ experience in the special education field.
• Highly skilled in applying a range of instructional methodologies.
• In-depth knowledge of educational principles as applied to students with emotional and learning problems.
• Hands-on experience in evaluating the learning advancement of students on a regular basis.
• Proven record of maintaining positive relationships with students, parents, district members, and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to handle children from different backgrounds.
• Well versed in using effective classroom management techniques.
• Thorough understanding of establishing clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units, and projects consistent with curriculum goals.
• Knowledge of district policies on vaccination, medication, first aid, and emergencies.
• Familiar with all laws, regulations, and rules affecting teachers and students.
Caledonia Community Schools – Caledonia, MI | 2014 – Present
• Participate in the development and execution of the district program of instruction
• Plan and implement a program of study that fulfills the requirements, interests, and abilities of students
• Guide the learning procedure toward the attainment of curriculum goals
• Set up and maintain standards of proper student behavior and discipline
• Set-up effective learning programs
• Assess the activities of students on a regular basis and provide development reports
• Administer standardized tests appropriate to the district testing program
• Communicate with parents regarding students’ academic, social and behavioral development
• Make use of instructional techniques and materials that are most suitable for meeting stated objectives
Autism Teacher Assistant
NHS Human Services – Ellsworth, PA | 2010 – 2014
• Created a classroom environment that was favorable to learning and suitable for the development and interests of students
• Provided directions and materials for senior teachers
• Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated
• Cooperated with employees and support workers in assessing and helping students with physical condition, attitude, learning, and behavioral problems
University of Miami, Caledonia, MI – 2009
Major: Special Education
Behavior Disorders Certification
First Aid and CPR
Miami’s Drivers License
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Profound knowledge of financial procedures and legal requirements.
• Superb flexibility, organization, decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Able to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects simultaneously and organize the work of co-workers.
Proficient in MS Office Suite