A barber resume is a single-page document.
It contains a list of your barber skills, qualifications, experiences, and relevant attributes to convince the prospective employer that you are a good fit for the employer’s needs.
Gathering, examining, organizing, formatting, and adding final touches. These are the five everyday tasks of a barber, and these steps will help you build a perfect resume for the barber position.
How to Write a Great Resume for Barber Position?
- Start your barber resume either with a summary or objective statement.
- Write your most relevant experiences using bullets because hiring managers prefer to read to-the-point information.
- Create a separate section for your barber skills or areas of expertise.
- Do not use flowery language.
- Choose simple words in order to communicate your value in a clear way.
Now that we have learned how to write a barber resume, let’s move to two real examples to get more ideas.
Sample Resume for Barber
Experience: 10+ Years
344 Wilson Square, Millbrook, AL 67449
jonathan . keats @ email . com
BARBER / HAIRSTYLIST
Creative and versatile Barber with 11+ years’ successful track record in hair cutting, trimming, styling, scalp massage, neckline shaping, and texture enhancement. Self-reliant and proactive, able to remain up to date with the latest trends in the fashion industry. Excellent interpersonal skills and a profound ability to upsell various saloon products while maintaining productive PR with clients.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Hair Cutting | Face Shaving
Scalp Massage | Texture Enhancement
Hair Styling | Step Cutting
Dandruff Treatment | Hair Conditioning
Beard Trimming | Oil Therapy
Head Shaving | Hair Straightening
REGIS CORPORATION, Millbrook, AL
Jul 2013 – Present
- Trim and shape hair outline, beard, and neckline.
- Discuss the customer’s hairstyling and cutting expectations before carrying out haircuts.
- Recommend suitable hairstyles according to the face cut of each client.
- Upsell spa and salon services and products by recommending the same to interested clients.
- Apply lather, shaving cream and hair softening products before and after carrying out hair contouring services.
- Book appointments and make service reservations on phone for clients.
Key Results and Achievements
- Enhanced overall clientele by 30% through the demonstration of excellent customer service skills.
- Reduced running expenses by $5000 per month by initiating cost-effective and energy-saving SOPs.
AAA SALON, Millbrook, AL
May 2008 – Jul 2013
- Maintained all tools in a sanitized and organized manner.
- Prepared equipment and product trays for the Barber.
- Assisted the Baber in hair cutting and hair drying.
- Performed beard trimming and shaving as per client’s requests.
- Directed the clients into the waiting area and maintained the same in neat clean order.
- Massaged client’s neck, scalp, and hair prior to service.
Key Results and Achievements
- Upsold various hair care products by 40% by recommending them appropriately to interested clients.
- Introduced 12 latest and unique haircuts that attracted business.
Diploma in Barbering
INSTITUTE OF COSMETOLOGY, Millbrook, AL
• Trilingual: English, Spanish, and Portuguese
• Computer: Spreadsheets, Word Processing
Barber Resume Example With Less Experience
12 Ravine Road
Lincoln, NE 43222
Bringing exceptional scissor skills and customer service abilities to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction while maximizing revenue.
Enthusiastic and customer service-oriented Barber with a 3-plus-year track record of providing excellent hairdressing services to clients from different backgrounds. Highly skilled in haircuts, shaves, and trimming. Proficient in carrying out sanitation procedures on equipment and while performing a procedure. A friendly individual who has a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work without direct supervision. Thorough understanding of modern hairstyles and trends.
• Boosted customer base by 20% by introducing out-of-the-ordinary and fun hairstyles.
• Contributed to a regular column about salon services and trends for five years on GQ Magazine.
HAIR SALON EXPERIENCE
The City Salon – Lincoln, NE
Sep 2020 – Present
- Provide hairstyling services including high and tight haircuts, buzz cuts, flat-top cuts, full shaved bald cut, shampoo and cut, blow-dry, conditioner treatment, mustache/beard trim, men’s facial shaves and kids cut
- Identify hair problems and suggest solutions
- Provide skin care and nail treatments
- Perform massages of the face, neck, and scalp
- Carry out administrative duties such as managing bills and accounting
Hair Salon Assistant
ABC Salon, Lincoln, NE
May 2018 – Sep 2020
- Performed a range of tasks to assist lead hairstylists
- Carried out shampooing and scalp massage tasks
- Applied different colors, blow-dried and styled hair
- Performed general housekeeping duties
- Maintained hair salon cleanliness
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Lincoln, NE