Whether it is an entry-level direct support professional resume or one that lots of experience, the amount of preparation and research that is required is immense.
If you do not feel confident about your resume, do not send it just yet.
Make sure that it conforms to the general format and content standards before you consider it employer-fit.
For both form and content type, refer to the resume sample below.
See also: Direct Support Professional Cover Letter
Direct Support Professional Resume Example
Jane Redford, CNA
1520 Radio Road | Almo, KY 45200 | (000) 000-1414 | [Email}
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
Compassionate Direct Support Worker with progressively responsible experience in providing direct care to patients with disabilities. Proficient in helping patients with personal hygiene, encouraging self-help activities, providing assistance with physical therapies, and planning appropriate meals according to each patient’s nutritional requirements. A highly approachable individual who has a charming personality and a genuine commitment to helping others. Recognized for fostering positive relationships with patients and families.
|• Meal Planning
• Patient Observation
• Grooming and Personal Hygiene
• Physical Therapy Assisting
• Patient Safety
• Adapted Lifting Equipment Use
|• Errand Running
• Home Management
• Therapeutic Positioning
• Feeding Techniques
• Nutritional Needs Management
• Medicine Administration
• Rehabilitated a patient with walking problems, by religiously providing him with physical therapy support and encouragement.
• Implemented nutritious meal plans for 15 patients based on their requirements and tastes.
• Trained 25 other DSPs in assisting their patients through therapeutic positioning, hydrotherapy, and use of adaptive lifting equipment.
• Saved the life of a disabled patient by providing him with immediate first aid after he fell from his wheelchair, between shifts.
Direct Support Professional
Bridgewell, Almo, KY | 6/2010 – Present
• Provide patients with direct support with logistics, including hygiene, toileting, and grooming.
• Administer medication to patients per their specific medication schedules.
• Assist patients in maintaining a safe and healthy lifestyle and monitor changes in their general health.
• Monitor and keep a clean and safe environment for patients at all times.
• Provide training and assistance to patients in making healthy dietary choices and assist in creating menus to meet their individual nutritional needs.
Direct Support Worker
TYH Care, Almo, KY | 5/2005 – 6/2010
• Planned daily activities for patients.
• Provide clients with support in household chores and recreational activities.
• Evaluated patients according to set principles.
• Notified appropriate personnel of any concerns or additional needs.
• Maintained strict confidentiality of all patients in a bid to keep their dignity and self-respect intact.
The Giving People, Almo, KY| 2/2001 – 5/2005
• Assisted patients with their daily needs, including dressing, toileting, grooming, and washing.
• Provided support with logistics, including grocery shopping and bill paying.
• Provided medication reminders and observed patients for any signs of distress or discomfort.
• Perform housekeeping duties such as light dusting, sweeping, and mopping.
• Prepared nutritious meals according to the specific requirements of each patient and assisted them in partaking them.
KY State Certified Nursing Assistant – Current
High School Diploma
Almo High School, Almo, KY | 1999