Do you know for whom writing a resume summary is the most difficult? New graduates.
That is because they are new at everything, including writing resumes. And it becomes a bit daunting to write the right thing to impress prospective employers.
But there are ways of getting around this difficulty. If you know exactly what it is that you need to impress a hiring authority, you may not feel too overwhelmed with the process of writing a resume.
Resume summaries count. When you write one, you create a direct connection with a prospective employer, providing yourself with a chance to come out winning. When you don’t do this, you are basically opening your resume abruptly.
Why is writing a resume summary so important?
There are many reasons for this, but the first and foremost is the fact that resume summaries are your only chance of connecting directly with an employer.
All other sections on a resume do not give you the liberty of this close connection, so make the best of things by writing one that is sure to win you points.
Here are a few examples of resume summaries that students can write to gain employment favors:
6 Sample Summay Statements for Student Resume
1. Energetic self-starter high school student with excellent analytic and organization skills, aimed at providing solid administrative support. Fluent in 3 languages including English, German and Spanish. Seeking an opportunity to work for an organization with a diverse customer base by employing exceptional customer service skills.
2. Business graduate with a solid record of superior academics and determination in physical activities. An exceptional communicator who has an inherent capacity to convey information accurately both verbally and in writing.
3. A dependable, productive worker whose integrity and honesty provide effective leadership and exceptional customer service. Highly skilled in resolving problems by ensuring that there are no repercussions on customers or business.
4. Final year business undergraduate with a deep interest in marketing. Highly skilled in determining customers’ likes and creating and delivering correlating solutions to ensure complete and constant customer satisfaction.
5. A versatile, analytic, and hardworking high school graduate with a practical hands-on approach, always persevering to achieve top results. Excellent negotiation and problem resolution skills with a solid track record of completing projects efficiently and in a timely manner.
6. Energetic high school student, consistently recognized as passionate and hardworking. Upbeat with a positive attitude, aimed at providing effective leadership and exceptional results in raising funds. Seeking a “front-end” position, using exceptional skills in communicating and problem-solving.