Good resumes for product development specialist position are few and far apart – that is, if you look at things from a hiring manager’s point of view.
As far as you are concerned, each resume that you develop is probably “exceptional”.
However, it is not good to become complacent with your resume writing endeavors.
We are sure that you are great at it, but even then, it pays to keep improving this very important document.
A sample is provided below for reference purposes:
7 Orchard Avenue | Cleveland, OH 53321 | (000) 999-5214 | cliveowens @email . com
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Opportunities Identification / Market Research / Project Plans Development
Thirteen years of success in researching, developing and launching new products, aimed at meeting customers’ needs. Effectively ensures that all development products meet cost, quality and speed targets, as established by the company management.
Promote appropriate involvement of different teams from process, packaging and regulatory to product technology center teams. Collaborate with marketing and R&D to build strong concept briefs for assigned brands.
Proficient in developing robust product specifications to ensure sustainable and flexible formulas that will meet both consumer and quality needs, and leading innovative projects from conceptualization to realization, ensuring that product design is applied all though the process.
|✓ Quality Assurance||✓ Cutting-edge Product Formulas|
|✓ Concept Development||✓ Brand Category Norms|
|✓ Emerging Trends Identification||✓ Brand Portfolio Standards|
|✓ Interdepartmental Communication||✓ Trails Management|
|✓ Brand Optimization||✓ Awareness Building|
|✓ Process Review and Initiation||✓ Cost Analysis|
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS / KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
• Successfully developed a series of new products for the company, resulting in a 35% immediate increase in revenue.
• Improved the product development process by suggesting additional training sessions for the development team.
• Ran 4 product trials back to back, all of which were deemed successful in the first stage.
• Optimized the company’s current main brand, by providing valuable input on data collection and marketing efforts.
Product Development Specialist
Berry Plastics Corporation, Cleveland, OH | 2011 – Present
• Analyze market trends and opportunities, based on the company’s database and external data
• Develop process flows for operational procedures of new products, based on provided guidelines
• Evaluate ideas and suggestions for new products and enhancements for existing ones
• Determine customers’ needs by conducting thorough research processes in a bid to create metrics for new products
• Prepare requirements by effectively defining scope, features and functionality of each new product
• Lead marketplace research and analysis using filing data, division and cross-division comparison metrics
• Actively participate in product development processes to help evaluate new processes and opportunities
• Provide assistance in enhancing existing products and translate research activities to usable and marketable products
Product Development Officer
ENESCO, Cleveland, OH | 2004 – 2011
• Provided support in managing the product development process from conceptualization to post-launch phase
• Assisted in brainstorming new product concepts and developing procedural strategies
• Worked with the quality control department to ensure that compliance issues were properly managed
• Performed market research to determine industry trends and evolving consumer tastes
• Created and submitted reports to chart out trends, proposed processes and outcomes of product development efforts
Master of Business Administration
Ohio State University, Cleveland, OH | 2002
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Current Ohio Class C driver’s license
Superior references available