If someone wants to hold or plan an event but does not have the time or the expertise to plan one, an event specialist can do this job. The event specialist will make sure that all the details of your event are covered professionally.
In order to apply for an event specialist position, the job seeker will need to write a resume as well as a cover letter.
The following is an entry-level event specialist resume sample that will help you in understanding the different sections and layout of a typical resume.
This sample is very useful for event specialists with less or no experience in hand.
Sample Entry Level Event Specialist Resume with Less or No Experience
435 Orchid Lane, Green Bay, WI 77363
Looking for a position as an Event Specialist at Marriott where I may use my excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage the top of the line events.
• Proficient in managing and executing successful events.
• Highly skilled in planning and coordinating both social and official events.
• Functional knowledge of executing logistics that support defined strategies for event planning.
• Competent at liaising between marketing, sales, and management departments.
• Well versed in communicating with a multitude of people to ensure the success of each event.
• Introduced a feedback system that reviewed and measured event effectiveness to ensure follow up through with lead processing.
• Organized and executed three large-scale events at The University of Texas with perfect synchronization.
Nirvana Events – Green Bay, WI
Apr 2020 – Present
• Consult with clients to find out what they would like their events to look like
• Research current trends in events management
• Prepare proposals and present them to clients for approval
• Perform event set up and tear down activities
• Maintain business relationships with all supporting agencies
• Record and report demonstration related information
• Learn about competitor’s products and activities
• Prepare presentation contents
Dallas City University – Dallas, TX
Aug 2019 – Dec 2019
• Supported the Event Operations Manager
• Helped plan and implement assigned events and special projects
• Assisted in contract preparation and purchase orders
• Coordinated sales and station promotional activities
The University of Texas – Dallas, TX
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
• Team player and detail-oriented
• Extremely well organized
• Motivated with a high level of energy and work ethics
• Excellent computer skills and research acumen