A cover letter for a 911 Dispatcher Resume summarizes the content of the attached resume. It should be written with great dedication. That said, a hurriedly written letter with grammatical and sentence errors may result in rejection.
View tips and sample below to get ideas on how to write an excellent cover letter for a 911 dispatcher job.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for 911 Dispatcher Job?
- Address the letter directly to the hiring manager. If there is no name mentioned in the ad, put in some extra effort to get the name by calling them or looking at the employer’s website.
- Use professional language to grab the attention of the recruiter.
- Be relevant and job-specific.
- Show that you have done your homework by reflecting on some knowledge about the employer.
- Close with a call of action. Mention a possible follow-up step.
See also: 911 Dispatcher Resume Sample
Sample Cover Letter for 911 Dispatcher Position
8 Nahua Street
Honolulu, HI 88928
September 18, 2020
Mr. Moose Mason
City of Honolulu
7635 Ulupa Street
Honolulu, HI 55343
Dear Mr. Mason:
This letter is a strong expression of interest in joining the emergency department of the City of Honolulu in the capacity of a 911 Dispatcher. With my demonstrated listening and call transfer skills, and the ability to work calmly despite stressful situations, I am convinced that I am the perfect match for your requirements.
Having worked in an emergency dispatching capacities for five years, I know just how much precision and professionalism is required to do justice to this position. As my resume indicates, I am highly skilled in answering, evaluating, and prioritizing emergency and non-emergency calls. Moreover, I have a demonstrated talent to determine the exact nature and location of the circumstances. My ability to use tact, discretion, and logical thinking will surely be an asset to the City of Honolulu.
With my exceptional communication skills, calls response knowledge, and dispatching expertise, I’d like to meet with you to discuss how I may contribute to your success. I will call you next week to follow-up. Alternatively, you can reach me at (000) 111-1101.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Additional Tips to Write a Winning 911 Dispatcher Cover Letter
A well-written 911 dispatcher cover letter highlights the following job skills and qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Clear voice to communicate a message
- Great listening skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions precisely
- Creative and logical thinking
- Able to work under pressure in a busy environment
- Computer proficiency