A cover letter for a 911 Dispatcher Resume summarize the content of the enclosed resume. A weakly written letter with grammatical and sentence errors may be resulted in an immediate disqualification.
• Address the letter directly to the hiring manager. If there is no name mentioned in the ad, put in some extra effort, make a phone call or search the web, give your addressee a name!
• Be creative as you write to grab attention but stick to a professional tone, don’t overdo it.
• Be relevant and job specific. Spare your reader from details of any irrelevant accomplishment.
• Show that you have done your homework. Reflect your knowledge on the firm.
• Close with an action call. Tell the employer regarding your follow-up steps.
If you are looking for a job as a 911 Dispatcher, this cover letter will help you making an excellent job application.
8 Nahua Street
Honolulu, HI 88928
February 19, 2015
Mr. Moose Mason
City of Honolulu
7635 Ulupa Street
Honolulu, HI 55343
Dear Mr. Mason:
Please accept this letter and attached resume as my expression of interest in joining the emergency department of City of Honolulu as a 911 Dispatcher. With my demonstrated listening and call transfer skills, and the ability to work in a calm manner despite stressful situations, I am convinced that I am the perfect match for this challenging position.
Having worked in a emergency dispatching capacities for five years, I know just how much precision and professionalism is required to do justice to this position. As my resume indicates, I am highly skilled in answering, evaluating and prioritizing emergent and non-emergent telephone calls. Moreover, I have a demonstrated talent to determine the exact nature and location of the circumstances. My ability to use tact, discretion and logical thinking will surely to be an asset to the City of Honolulu.
With my exceptional communication skills, calls response knowledge and dispatching expertise, I’d like to meet you in order to discuss how I may contribute to the success of your Emergency Department. I will call you next week to follow-up. Alternately, you can reach me at (001) 111-1101.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Very sincerely yours,