Entry Level Cyber Security Analyst Resume Writing Tips
An entry level cyber security analyst resume should highlight what an applicant can do, despite a lack of experience.
It is important to highlight all your skills and experience for this role.
For instance, you will need to highlight your ability to use statistical analysis to identify fraud.
When writing a resume for an entry-level cybersecurity analyst position, you must concentrate on your skills.
Even though your skills will be limited at this point, you have to make an effort to highlight them.
In addition, any specific academic accomplishments and internships should be mentioned.
A resume sample for an entry-level cyber security analyst position is provided below:
Entry Level Cyber Security Analyst Resume Sample
903 Red Road, Colorado Springs, CO27834
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST
A technically-savvy individual with a deep interest in providing technology defense incident response. Ability to handle analysis and support in various technology areas. Competent in executing, drafting, and maintaining SOPs, along with incident reports.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|• Statistical Analysis||• Process Improvement||• Quality Assurance|
|• Approach Devising||• Transaction Analysis||• Malware Analysis|
|• Routine Reviews||• Alerts Review||• Penetration Tests|
|• Intrusion Detection||• Scheduling||• Audit Processes|
Colorado Springs Technical School, Colorado Springs, CO – 2018
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences
Major: Cyber Security
• Represented the college in 3 states, as part of a technical outreach program.
• Constantly made it to the top of the Dean’s list, due to exceptional academic record.
• Played an invaluable part in upping the security of the school system, as a result of which confidential data was saved from cyber attacks.
Cyber Security Intern
RCS Corporation, Colorado Springs, CO | 5/2018-10/2018
• Identified malware and intrusion issues.
• Conducted initial research based on analytic experienced.
• Examined alerts from various security monitoring tools.
• Monitored, investigated, and reported incidents of suspicious activity.
• Identified potential risks, such as virus and malware attacks, and hacking.
• Assisted with implementation of counter measures, as well as mitigating controls.
• Provided and developed the forensic capability to enhance response to the investigation.
• Fixed detected vulnerabilities, in order to maintain high security standards.
• Developed and implemented country-wide best practices.
• Assisted in designing new security systems.
• Monitored identity and access management, in addition to monitoring for abuse of permissions.
• Generated reports for both technical and non-technical staff.
• Analyzed security breaches to determine the root cause of problems.
Excellent professional references available