A cover letter for a server resume is your brief introduction to the prospective employer.
It highlights why you want to work for a specific employer and how you would be an excellent fit to fulfill their particular needs.
It should be explicitly written to grab the hiring manager’s attention and encourage them to call you for an interview.
The following cover letter samples for server job will provide you with a good start in creating your job application documents.
See also: Restaurant Server Cover Letter
Server Cover Letter Sample 1
36 Richmond Hill Street
Toronto, ON C9E 3B5
January 18, 2019
Mr. John Doe
Toronto City Restaurant
32 Wall Street
Toronto, ON N5U 5M7
Dear Mr. Doe:
Please accept the attached resume in response to your Restaurant Server position posting.
My qualifications include 6+ years of extensive experience in greeting and seating guests, presenting menus, describing dishes, taking and relaying orders and continually monitoring their needs.
Particularly, I am adept at delivering meals, drinks, and desserts to patrons in a professional, appropriate and gracious manner. I ensure that safety regulations are maintained, and the highest standards of hospitality are met.
• A very positive and friendly attitude
• Ability to work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
• Strong passion for hospitality and customer service
• Willing to work on rotating shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays
I am confident that these are the types of skills and attributes you are seeking in your next Restaurant Server. I’d like to meet with you to discuss my skills and experiences in relation to your needs. I will contact your office after six days to follow-up and set up an Interview date. In the interim, I can be reached at (000) 912-9129.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Server Cover Letter Sample 2
68 Unicorn Blvd, Brooklyn, NY 67009
(004) 521- 8484
January 18, 2019
Mr. Francis Gregory
The Capital Grill
53 North West Ave
Brooklyn, NY 67009
Dear Mr. Gregory:
I am excited to apply for the Server opening at The Capital Grill because I am passionate about food service, fun, and smiling, and I love the inviting atmosphere.
Greeting guests, taking and delivering orders and collaborating with the food service crew to meet and exceed the guest’s expectations are the areas where I excel.
Some of my major strengths include:
• Track record of providing friendly and attentive service to guests in a courteous manner.
• Adept at taking instructions and following them to book.
• Well versed in taking orders and relaying to kitchen staff using POS System.
• Demonstrated ability to guide guests in the selection of menu items.
• Extensive knowledge of various food and beverage combinations.
• Productive in maintaining cleanliness of service and dining tables.
• Familiar with food handling and hygiene standards.
During my work as a food server at different four and five-star restaurants previously, I exceeded dining and food service standards.
My attached resume details my competencies and experiences in food service and bartending field. I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss my candidacy and your needs in greater detail.
Thank you so much for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon. I can be reached at either email@example.com or (004) 521- 8484.