When you write your achievements as a security guard on your resume, you actually help the recruiter decide in favor of hiring you.
Nothing defines us more profoundly than our accomplishments. In fact, information about one’s achievements is what makes for expedited decision-making on the employer’s part.
For a security officer’s resume, the following list of achievements can be referred to:
Sample Achievements for Security Officer Resume
- Decreased the crime rate in the community by 50% by introducing the concept of neighborhood watch.
- Reduced security-related breaches by 80% as compared to the last 5-year reports.
- Prevented a major robbery from taking place by recognizing the signs of irregularities in the behavior of “visitors” asking for directions to a bank.
- Introduced the latest camera technology to check individuals entering the bank.
- Secured a large university campus completely by installing guard dogs at each entrance along with dedicated security guards.
- Pioneered complex surveillance equipment that sounded alerts every time an unauthorized person came within 2 meters of the building.
- Ensured constantly smooth traffic flow in all school areas by implementing standard procedures for traffic movement during school hours.
- Reported in time a discipline infraction, thereby eliminating chances of vandalism by outside forces.
- Saved a teenager’s life by identifying substance abuse through his mannerisms and immediately transporting him to the hospital when he collapsed on the road.
- Secured assigned community completely by implementing security measures including barbed wires and guard dogs, reducing theft rate from 10 to 0 per month.
- Ensured the safety of the client’s properties and vehicles by day and night patrolling.
- Investigated 15+ cases of safety disturbance and devised strategies accordingly.
- Answered 100% of security alarms quickly to minimize disturbance.
- Defused around 20 tense situations using tact and diplomacy.
- Provided security compliance training to 20 new security officers.
How to mention your achievements on a resume?
In order to write great achievement statements, all you have to do is think about your past results and numbers. If you have an increased customer base in your company, mention the percentage. If you have saved the company money, mention how much.
However, many accomplishments cannot be counted in numbers. For those, the use of strong descriptive words is recommended.
You should use numbers wherever you can, and if you cannot use them, make your language strong so that the impact is strong too!