Writing a skills-based or functional resume for a secretary position requires demonstrating an all-in-one skill set and a willingness to meet and exceed the needs of the employer.
Your resume should be organized in a way to show your relevant expertise and skills in an eye-catching manner.
The position of a secretary is evident in almost all industries. This is a support position that assists all platforms, and the position holder has to perform a wide array of duties.
The following resume sample for a secretary position will help you build a perfect resume.
See also: Secretary Resume with No Experience
Secretary Skills-Based/Functional Resume Example
17 Maryland Avenue • Deer Lodge, MT 44443 • Cell: (999) 499-9999 • Email
A resourceful and accomplished individual with 7+ years’ comprehensive secretarial experience in fast-paced environments. Diverse tier-one customer care skills as well as exceptional clerical expertise. Very effective in providing administrative support activities compliant with the department’s mission and procedures.
• Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and Outlook Calendars
• Digital PABX
• Popular computer software
• Typing Speed: 50 WPM
• Proven customer service and organizational skills
• Able to answer telephone calls and greet visitors efficiently
• Knowledge of business principles
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of information and communication management
• Excellent team building and bookkeeping skills
• Detail oriented; able to multi-task
• Great attention to detail
• Preparing and proofreading reports and forms
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
EDGE IT SERVICES – Deer Lodge, MT | Dec 2013 – Present
• Examine correspondence and reply as instructed.
• Receive telephone calls and direct as and where necessary.
• Arrange conferences and meetings along with travel arrangements.
• Maintain schedules and follow-ups.
• Organize events both internally and externally.
• Maintain filing and inventory procedures.
• Direct visitors to appropriate staff members.
• Respond to public inquiries.
• Achieved Employee of the Month award three times for providing excellent secretarial services pertaining to managing calendars effectively.
• Reorganized the filing system by maintaining the same in databases instead of manually, boosted efficiency by 40%.
AA REHABILITATION – Souderton, PA | Aug 2011 – Dec 2013
• Performed difficult, varied and confidential administrative duties.
• Prepared letters for administrators and staff.
• Collected, compiled, arranged and retained reports, records, files, and data.
• Screened telephone calls and guests and resolved routine and multifaceted inquiries.
CITY COLLEGE OF ARTS, Souderton, PA – 2010
Diploma in Office Management