People who are hired to work as key holders are provided the same training as that of a manager or an assistant manager.
Keyholders are usually hired in the retail industry where their main job is to manage the store when neither the manager nor assistant manager is available.
Typically, a key holder will create and maintain an effective liaison between employees and the management – he or she motivates staff members, assists managers in their functions, and facilitates communication between staff members and management personnel.
Keyholders have very interesting and extremely demanding jobs, which is why it is important for them to show just what they have in terms of mettle when they are writing a resume.
Here is a key holder resume sample that highlights experiences that will justify a candidate for this job.
Feel free to customize this sample per the employer’s requirements and your attributes.
Also, use this Key Holder Cover Letter to support your resume.
Key Holder Resume Example
Rio Rancho, NM
Contact #, Email
Over 3 years of experience in handling the overall operations of the organization. Familiar with merchandising programs and related standards and procedures. Ability to assist retail and store managers by supporting a buying environment and ensuring customer loyalty. Highly skilled in motivating and directing others to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Store opening and closing
- Customer service
- Cleaning and organizing
- Managing the alarm system
- Assisting cashiers
- Identifying problems
- Product demonstrations
Hyperbole, Rio Rancho, NM
• Oversee the operations of the hypermarket
• Work towards creating a bridge between and assisting with sales, merchandising operations, training, and development, and loss prevention
• Maintain liaison with customers to ensure customer loyalty and long-term business growth
• Assist in recruiting procedures
• Offer sales assistance in the absence of one
Pandora Jewelry, Whistler, BC
• Discovered customer needs and wants by asking questions and suggesting a product
• Educated staff and clients on new products
• Handled cash and worked with POS and merchant machines
• Built a personal client base
• Followed up with clients’ inquiries
• Treated customers with respect, professionalism, patience, and a smile
• Maintained the cleanliness of the store
• Worked as a volunteer for Greenpeace in their program called Let Nature Do The Talking
City School, Rio Rancho, NM – 2007
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Great organizational and time management skills
• Proven ability to demonstrate high-quality services
• Able to stand for long hours
• Profound ability to handle a diversity of customers
Key Holder Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise employees so that they complete tasks in a time-efficient manner, in the absence of a manager.
- Manage sales floors and timely open and close stores following proper procedures for premises safety.
- Lead customers through sales processes by demonstrating product features and benefits and helping with the payment procedure.
- Maintain the store’s visual merchandising standards by ensuring that all visual displays are properly installed and maintained.
- Maintain current knowledge of all products within the store and ways of applying them while servicing customers.
- Assist store managers in ensuring that stores are kept clean and in sync with organizational procedures and protocols.
- Participate in the hiring procedure by screening and scheduling interviews for candidates.
- Provide individual and team performance feedback and recommendations to higher management.
- Provide support to the onboarding and continued training of sales associates and lead and model selling and customer service experience standards.
- Assist in setting the direction and goals for each shift and ensure that employees receive scheduled breaks and meal periods.
- Support replenishment activities to ensure constant stock availability and assist with floor sets, visual presentation, and signage placement.
- Ensure that a visually appealing and safe and inviting store appearance is maintained.
- Act as a point of contact to address customer service issues and maintenance and vendor problems.
To qualify to work in this position, an individual has to possess a high school diploma or a GED.
Usually, a sales associate who has shown meticulousness in work and possesses leadership qualities is trained for this position.
Mostly, an existing employee is picked to do the job of a key holder as he or she will know the ways of the organization, and can easily handle management duties.
So if you have a friendly personality and are a self-starter who consistently delivers outstanding personalized retail experiences, you may be just right for this job.