Cover letters for salesman resume are not your run-of-the-mill correspondence. They are written with one aim in mind – to bag an interview. Some people argue that the main job of a cover letter is to get the hiring manager to read the accompanying resume. This is true in a sense. However, sometimes, the cover letter is enough for a hiring manager to decide that he wants to meet the applicant in person. And the resume is actually ignored.
But to be able to bypass the resume stage, you have to make sure that you write a salesman cover letter that is truly awe-inspiring. And awe-inspiring cover letters can never be written without research. If you don’t know what the company is looking for in an employee, how would you portray yourself as someone who can do the job exactly as the employer wants? It is a dilemma that we all face, only because we haven’t bothered to find out what the company is looking for. This small step can do two amazing things:
• Make you completely understand what an employer is looking for in a prospective employee in terms of skills, qualifications and experiences.
• Help you write a cover letter that is truly compelling in nature and has the “come hither” capacity.
Once you have done your research, you can use the following cover letter sample to help you with the format:
66 North Street
Decatur, IL 95214
thomas @ email . com
October 2, 2015
Mr. Steven Harris
982 N Hill Avenue
Decatur, IL 88991
Dear Mr. Harris:
I am enthusiastically writing to apply for the position of salesman at QBP. My successful background in sales arena over the previous 6 years demonstrates the skills that you require in a salesman. Specifically, they are:
• Hands-on experience in creating strategic sales plans to help increase the company’s customer base
• Qualified to implement set sales plans by ensuring customer satisfaction and increased revenue at every stage
• Adept at performing research to determine competitive standing in the market and to use the data to augment sales plans
• Proficient in presenting products to customers in an attractive manner to induce them to make immediate purchases
As resumes are limited in the information that they convey, I would like to meet with you in person to discuss this position further. I will be in touch with your executive assistant to decide on a mutually convenient interview time and date in the coming week. Alternately, you can contact me at (444) 444-4444.
Thank you for your time and consideration.