Whether you like it or not, you have to place an objective at the top of your resume. This is especially important for positions that are considered entry level – like that of a sales management trainee. When you are just beginning your life in the employment world, you have to create a positive first impression. Beginning your resume without a “header” is employment suicide.
An objective on a resume serves one very important purpose – introducing you to the employer in one sentence. Once the employer is aware of what you are capable of and how you can contribute, his interest in your candidature for a particular job will become manifold, forcing him to read the rest of your resume with great fervor. On the contrary, no resume objective translates into a disaster – the employer may just bin your resume!
The life of a resume is short and in constant danger. It takes an employer 20 seconds to scan the entire resume. Make the first 5 seconds count by providing him with a rocking objective that will help set the tone of the rest of the resume. Technically, an objective is all-encompassing – it says everything about you in a nutshell. But since it has the capacity to create an impression positive enough for the reader to keep reading, one must make the objective a strong one!
Here are some examples of strong resume objectives to help you:
• Dedicated and perceptive individual seeking a position as a Sales Management Trainee at Springleaf. Offers skills in handling new customer acquisitions and one on one support with existing ones.
• Top-performing Sales Management Trainee looking for a position at CTE using expertise in developing new business and maintaining current professional relationships. Deep understanding of cost control and customer services along with some exposure to mentoring, training and managing sales teams.
• Desire a position as a Sales Management Trainee at Enterprise Holdings. Proficient in business development, credit underwriting and client servicing, along with thorough understanding of loan products.
• Ambitious, self-motivated and systematic Sales Management Trainee seeking a position at TCM Corporation providing benefit of knowledge regarding business development and full cycle sales, in addition to exceptional ability in managing servicing and collection activities.
• Dedicated Sales Management Trainee with exceptional communication skills looking for a position at Consolidated Supply Co. Eager to apply skills in business acquisition and sales management, with special focus on learning the ropes and then applying acquired training to help the company meet its sales management targets.