Parts counter salesperson assists customers and technicians with determining and locating parts for their processes and machinery.
They are skilled personnel who have a keen background in inspecting damages on a part and providing advice on how to repair or replace it.
In the event of a lone description, the parts counter salesperson will determine what part the customer needs and ensures that he pulls it out of stock. In case the part is not in stock, a parts counter person will locate it and hand it to the customer for a predetermined price.
If this job interests you, you may need to prepare a resume for applying for this position.
You can do this by skimming through the sample below and writing a resume based on this.
Have a look!
Parts Counter Sales Person Resume Sample
300 Maple Street
Rutland, VT 5241
COUNTER SALES PROFESSIONAL
Seeking a position as a Parts Counter Person at Sonic Automotive utilizing knowledge of auto parts coupled with sharpness in sales techniques in order to meet both customers’ demands and the company’s goals.
• 8+ years of extensive experience in parts counter sales
• Highly skilled in handling customers’ parts requirements in terms of both sales and services
• Ability to assist customers in selecting required parts and provide relevant advice
• Well versed in pulling purchases from stock and ensuring the right part is being provided to the customer
• Proficient in maintaining merchandising displays
• Acquired a particularly tricky automobile part that the client was having trouble finding for over a year.
• Promoted from general laborer to parts counter person within three months of displaying excellent technical acumen.
Parts Counter Person
John Deer – Rutland, VT
2012 – Present
• Assist customers with selecting and identifying parts needed for a project
• Pull parts from the warehouse and order any parts not found in the supply room
• Supply service technicians with parts as requested
• Verify shipments against receipts
• Replenish inventory on a daily basis
• Provide advice to customers about the right type if parts that they need
John Deer – Rutland, VT
2006 – 2012
• Cleaned and maintained worksite as instructed
• Managed delivery of tools and equipment to technicians
• Lifted parts and transported to customers
• Operated the forklift for more heavy parts
• Manned the parts counter as a substitute
Rutland High School, Rutland, VT – 2005
• Excellent familiarity with the automobiles industry
• Exceptional knowledge of auto parts and alternatives that may be used in place of
• Ability to read, comprehend and carry out complex instructions
• Well-honed customer service skills
• Good physical dexterity