A lead sales associate is an individual who has successfully climbed up the ladder from the position of a sales associate.
These professionals are hired primarily to lead a sales team, and ensure that a store manager is provided with support to run the store effectively.
You can only be eligible for this position if you are diligent, hardworking, and possess excellent leadership qualities.
As a lead sales associate, you will be expected to perform a lot of duties that are particular to training, sales, and operations.
Since this role is an amalgamation of many things, it is imperative that you are the type of person who can handle more than one task at a time.
To be considered eligible for this position, it is essential to possess a degree in business – some retail concerns may only need a high school diploma or a GED equivalent, but that is dependent on the exact role that you will be performing.
Working as a lead sales associate means that you have to be organized and analytic and that you have to possess a knack for handling stressful situations. Customer satisfaction should be the top priority for you, as should be your ability to manage complaints and crises situations.
Job Description for Lead Sales Associate Resume
• Create and implement core sales programs for assigned sales teams, in sync with the store manager.
• Assist the store manager in ensuring that the functions and operations of the store are run in a proper fashion.
• Develop training programs for newly hired sales associates, and ensure that the ongoing training needs of existing ones are met.
• Engage customers in conversation to determine their specific needs and concerns, and address both according to company protocol.
• Oversee the payment procedures, ensuring that all transactions are properly carried out.
• Maintain housekeeping standards of the sales floors, and storerooms, according to set protocols.
• Oversee and maintain product inventories, ensuring that sufficient products/items are available for sale and display.
• Communicate low stock situations to store managers, and create and maintain effective liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate deliveries of products.
• Ascertain that after sales services are properly handled, aiming for customer satisfaction and repeat business opportunities.
• Assist both marketing and sales teams with their efforts, including visual merchandising and sales campaigns.