Think of resumes as your ticket to a place that you cannot reach unless you really impress the person in charge of the entry – the hiring manager.
Well-written resumes for amusement park ride operator position automatically provide prospective employers with enough meat to consider your application seriously.
What does a well-written resume look like? A little like this:
Amusement Park Ride Operator Resume Sample
12 Gaudalupe Road | Phoenix, AR 60021
(000) 784-5424 | samjahnfargo @ email . com
AMUSEMENT PARK OPERATOR
Responsible, highly resourceful amusement park ride operator with successful track record of safely operating rides by remaining constantly vigilant and aware of surroundings. Exceptional ability to enforce and monitor rider requirements including proper admission, height and safety.
• First-hand experience in assisting guests to and from the ride by providing support in loading and unloading processes
• Deep familiarity with physically checking safety restraints to ensure that they in the correct and locked position
• Well-versed in performing daily tests of the ride operating systems to ensure safety and operations
• Proficient in identifying and quickly resolving load balancing issues on assigned rides
|✓ Guest Safety||✓ Safety Walks||✓ Inspections|
|✓ Load Balancing||✓ Ride Operations||✓ Preventative Maintenance|
|✓ Cycle Monitoring||✓ Guest Instructions||✓ Wear and Tear Detection|
|✓ Repairs Management||✓ Behavior Management||✓ Controls Handling|
2015: Increased the safety of a children’s ride by a staggering 75% by suggesting installation of an additional harness.
2014: Suggested preventative maintenance on all rides, resulting in increased safety and life of the equipment
2012: Singlehandedly developed a welcome speech for guests, incorporating all safety measures in it, which guests found entertaining and remembered for long.
2012: Implemented a series of load balancing metrics which were considered less cumbersome than handling load issues real time.
Amusement Park Ride Operator
Central Amusement International, Phoenix, AZ | 5/2013 – Present
• Greet guests as they arrive at the assigned rides and provide them with information on the intensity and type of ride
• Check guests’ tickets and passes and assist them in climbing onto rides and buckling them in safely
• Ascertain that children are properly strapped, after ensuring that their heights and ages are in accordance with established protocols
• Operate ride controls to move and stop equipment such as roller coasters and carousals
• Provide safety directions to guests to ensure that they remain safe during the time of the ride
• Assist guests, especially children and the elderly population get off the ride in a safe manner
• Check assigned rides at the beginning of the shift to ensure that they are in good working order
• Perform both preventative and general maintenance on assigned rides in a timely fashion
The Carnival, Phoenix, AZ | 2/2009 – 5/2013
• Assisted ride operators in performing pre-ride inspections to ensure safety
• Cleaned and maintained rides, especially seats and handles to ensure that they are ready for patrons’ use
• Oiled, refueled and adjusted equipment such as carousals, merry-go-rounds and dodge-em cars
• Collected tickets and cash fares from patrons and ensured that they were safely boarded and un-boarded
• Provided assistance in moving controls to stop and start rides, by following established protocols
St. James High School, Phoenix, AZ – 2009
High School Diploma