A bookseller interacts directly with customers in a bookstore. Their work duties are diverse as they may need to recommend books to customers, ring them up on the cash register, and order books that may not be in stock.
The trickiest thing about writing a Bookseller resume is knowing what to emphasize. You must retain the attention of the hiring manager, who receives and scrutinize dozens of resumes.
Follow the example below to compose a resume that will make you successful in your job hunting process.
Bookseller Resume Sample
12 Henry Avenue, Valdosta, GA 11123
(000) 999-9999, Email
Looking for a position as a Bookseller with Books-A-Million where I will be able to apply my experience in managing bookstores and further explore my love for books.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over five years of experience working as a Bookseller
• Proficient in serving customers by providing them relevant information about the location of books and offering appropriate advice
• In-depth knowledge of books and authors and maintaining commercial awareness activities
• Hands-on experience in liaising with external groups like schools and companies to promote textbooks
• Strong customer service skills
• Great love for books
• Ability to multitask
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer and internet savvy
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS A BOOKSELLER
• Created and maintained liaison with three schools and successfully sold the idea of incorporating New Ideology textbooks into the elementary curriculum
• Sold over 1500 books online through the company’s website by deploying effective promotional methods
Nirvana Books, Valdosta, GA
• Greet customers as they come in and provide the required information
• Offer advice and recommend books
• Keep track of online books orders
• Operate cash register and take inventory
• Stock shelves with books according to the order prescribed
ATG Bookstore, Valdosta, GA
• Arrange displays of new arrivals and unpack merchandise
• Negotiate price with sellers
• Pay and process invoices
• Create liaison with external groups to promote bulk selling
High School Diploma
Valdosta High School, Valdosta, GA