Emergency room nurses or ER nurses, as they are more popularly known, are trained registered nurses working in a hospital’s emergency room.
They are especially trained to handle difficult situations in an emergency environment and cater to the needs of the patient in order to ensure their safety and health.
Resume writing for Emergency Room Nurse is an art rather than a science.
A well-written resume begins with a focus on emergency nursing – and goes on to tell about the knowledge, expertise and experience you bring to a prospective facility. It should be brief containing bullet statements and relevant keywords.
On this page, we provide assistance in building an effective resume for Emergency Room RN position.
Emergency Room Nurse Resume Example
763 Deer Creek ● Idaho Falls, ID 89221 ● H: (999) 999-9559 ● E: name @ email . com
❖❖ EMERGENCY NURSE ❖❖
Dedicated and patient-focused RN with over two years of experience working as an Emergency Room Nurse. Successful track record in victim care, staff development and family advocacy. Solid administrative experience including admissions, assessment, treatment and education for multicultural patients.
Effectively prioritizes medical care for patients experiencing trauma or injury. Compassionate and meticulous, quick at recognizing life-threatening problems and help to solve them on the spot. Knowledge of dealing with mental health crisis in an analytic and professional manner
• Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to think analytically
• Team building and supervision
• Exercising independent judgment
Licensure & Certification
• Current Idaho State RN License
• BLS – ACLS – PALS
• ENPC – TNCC
• First aid and CPR
|✓ ER Procedures||✓ ICU and CCU||✓ Ventilator care|
|✓ Care plan administration||✓ Meditech documentation||✓ Intravenous therapy|
|✓ Telemetry||✓ Phlebotomy||v Patient/Family education|
Deer Creek Hospital, Idaho Falls, ID | Jan 2011 – Present
Emergency Room Nurse
• Initiate patient assessment to determine immediate care needs
• Collect information on patient
• Determine the standards of care needed to develop care plan
• Perform nursing interventions as required
• Document patient progress
• Supervise care provided by other nurses
• Manage injuries and other emergency situations
Deer Creek Hospital, Idaho Falls, ID | Feb 2007 – Jan 2011
• Provided direct patient care
• Assisted patients in eating and dressing
• Managed patient log books
• Took vitals on a regular basis
• Administered medication as appropriate
Idaho State Nursing University, Idaho Falls, ID | 2005
Bachelors of Science in Nursing
Member, Emergency Nurses Association of America