Information on an entry-level retail resume, when you have little or no experience in hand, is more or less the same as when you would write one for an experienced position.
If you want to apply for a full-time retail job, we assume that you have had some volunteer experience or summer jobs that you can pass off as experience.
While experience is not the essence of an entry-level resume, mentioning it might win you some brownie points.
Let us take an example.
If you are gearing yourself to apply for a retail associate position, you might want to think back and reflect on what you have done that was remotely like this job.
A 3-week summer job at your local retail store will suffice.
Or even an internship that you did at a retail establishment (which may or may not have been part of your degree course) will look good on your resume.
No employer wants to hire an employee who does not have a skill. We all have skills in one area or another, but when writing resumes, we tend to ignore mentioning them.
This is the biggest possible mistake that you can make. You will be hired primarily on your qualifications for the job at the entry-level, so you must choose wisely what competencies to put in.
For a person hoping to acquire a position as a retail associate (and has no real prior experience), here is a sample resume:
Related: Retail Cover Letter No Experience
Entry Level Retail No Experience Resume Sample
5412 N West Road, Hebron, ND 58981
Recent high school graduate, distinguished from student peers with a track record of superior academic results. Seeking a retail clerk position at ABC Mart. A team player who is perfectly capable of capitalizing on opportunities in a sales environment by employing exceptional communication skills and business acumen.
• Focused on providing exceptional customer service by assisting customers in locating and choosing their choice of products.
• Proficient in advising customers by providing product information, aiming at ensuring that their purchases are in sync with their needs.
• Highly skilled in building customer confidence by providing honest product reviews and suggestions.
• Able to smoothly and efficiently walk customers through the purchasing process, all the way to delivery.
Associate’s Degree in Retail Administration
NORTH DAKOTA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Hebron, ND – 2015
- Principles of Public Speaking
- Introduction to Computers
- Retail Business Basics
- Retail Supply Chain Management
- Retail Buying
ROSS STORES, Hebron, ND
1/2021 to 4/2021
• Greeted customers as they entered the store and inquired into their purpose of visit
• Led or directed customers to their choice of products and provided product demonstrations
• Assisted customers in choosing items by providing them with in-depth information on features and aftersales services
• Appropriately placed all items on shelves and ensured that overall cleaning of aisles and shelves
• Assisted in handling visual merchandising activities during sales promotions
• Provided support to customers by ensuring that all procedures including cashiering, packing and delivery of purchases are carried out smoothly
• First Contact Services
• Aftersales Service
• Inventory Management
• Complaint Handling
• Social Media Sales
• Visual Merchandising
• Loss Prevention
• POS System