With most work being performed online and on phone nowadays, it is important to possess the right phone skills.
It does not matter which level of career you are on.
As far as phone skills are concerned, you have to be a pro.
It is important to realize that how you handle the phone dictates how well you will be perceived by the person on the other end.
Whether you are working as a receptionist or a company director, your phone skills must be excellent.
For instance, you must know how to greet customers and help them with their queries. Moreover, the quality of your voice and the speed must be checked.
Remember that all these skills come with practice and experience. And all this information needs to be placed in your resume if you want to bag a job.
Making sure that your phone skills are properly highlighted in a resume is important.
Here are some phone skills statements that you can use on your resume:
Sample Phone Skills for Resume
• Ability to operate and maintain complex PABX and phone exchange systems.
• Competent in answering telephone calls in accordance with instructions provided by the employer or supervisor.
• Effectively able to greet caller in a calm, polite, and professional manner.
• Proven ability to receive multiple incoming telephone calls simultaneously.
• Highly skilled in making outbound telephone calls in order to provide customers with information.
• Proficient in communicating relevant information over the telephone.
• Adept at actively listening to customers in order to obtain information and listen to their concerns.
• Competent in answering telephones in a timely and proactive manner.
• Qualified to determine recipients, and direct calls to correct individuals or departments.
• Special talent for performing marketing and upselling tasks over the telephone.
• Well-versed in taking and passing on messages to guests or employees.
• Hands-on experience in updating and maintaining automated answering services.
• Quick at determining the nature of the call.
• Special talent for scheduling and confirming appointments over the telephone.
• Proven ability to contact customers regarding payments or account statuses.
• Excellent skills in making travel arrangements over the telephone, and following up on them.
• Competent in dealing with bookings by calling agencies and vendors.
• Proven record of answering 500 calls per day.
• Skilled in providing product and service information to clients over the telephone.
• Solid track record of liaising between customers and branch offices.