A cell phone assembler typically works in a factory setting. It is his or her job to assemble cell phones according to provided instructions.
Usually, cell phone assemblers assist in putting newly manufactured cell phones together. However, they may also work in capacities where cell phone repair is required.
It is important to realize that a cell phone assembler’s job is highly technical. This is why it is important to work with great care when assembling a cell phone.
Mostly, instructions will be provided, but you may have to use your own reasoning at times.
Cell Phone Assembler Job Requirements
Working at a cell phone assembler position means that you have to possess a high school diploma.
However, a technical degree will help you obtain a job with greater ease. If you have worked as an apprentice in this capacity, you may be looking at your first ever job in this capacity.
And if you have had prior experience, all you have to do is show it in your resume.
Here is a list of job duties that a cell phone assembler performs:
Cell Phone Assembler Job Description for Resume
• Read and comprehend cell phone assembly work orders.
• Check blueprints and plans in order to determine correct assembly functions.
• Take precision measurements in order to ensure that all parts fit together.
• Select the right components for each cell phone assembly project.
• Place components together and fix them according to instructions.
• Modify components when required.
• Align components properly so that they fit.
• Check cell phone systems, such as boards and batteries to determine their functioning.
• Use a variety of tools such as soldering guns and pinchers to perform assembly work.
• Place casing around the cell phone board, and correctly attach it.
• Check assembled cell phones from all ends to ensure durability.
• Correct any issues such as inappropriately fixed covers.
• Switch cell phones on in order to determine their functionality.
• Modify cell phone covers so as to make them more durable.
• Place assembled cell phones into provided packaging.
• Ensure that all accessories such as chargers, earphones, and USB cables are placed in the box.
• Complete documentation associated with cell phone assembly.
• Write notes of specific sets, regarding function or packaging issues.
• Create and maintain records of all performed cell phone assembly tasks.
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance on tools and equipment used during cell phone assembly tasks.