A combination resume is a very good choice if you are seeking a career change.
An effective combination resume strikes a balance between the candidate’s skills set and previous work experience.
The purpose of a combination resume is to highlight your relevant and transferable skills.
How to Write a Great Combination Resume for Career Change?
Here are 2 steps to follow:
- Think about your skills that can be useful in your target profession.
- Highlight some of your relatable achievements from your previous workplace.
The main challenge that candidates seek while opting for a career change is a lack of relevant skills and experience.
The key is to make the most of the skills you have learned, even if you did that in a different industry. Highlight them in a way that they seem relatable to the position being targeted.
Below is a Combination Resume Sample for a career change.
Upon careful study, you will see how the candidate’s transferrable skills have been highlighted and tailored to suit the aspired position.
Combination Resume Sample for a Career Change
57 Sunset Avenue, New York, NY 67555
henry.smith @ email . com
Passionate Barista seeking to change my career and work as a Hotel Manager for Hyatt. Bringing 3+ years of a successful track record in meeting deadlines and making the customer happy in a professionally driven organization. Dedicated and resourceful with great attention to detail. Eager to leverage social skills and familiarity with the hospitality industry.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
• Verbal and written communication
• Customer Service
• Front Desk Handling
• Time management
• Ordering Supplies
• Managing Bookings
• Check-ins and check-outs
Coffees & More, New York, NY
Aug 2020- May 2022
• Carried out a successful campaign for a new coffee flavor and enhanced monthly sales by 25%.
• Reduced power costs and electricity bills by 40% by initiating green energy solutions in the coffee shop.
• Took the responsibility of hosting a company’s grand launch event at the shop, made all required arrangements as per customer’s demands, and earned a bonus based on performance.
• Redesigned the menu and attracted more customers by displaying it outside in an eye-catching manner.
• Opened and closed the shop daily
• Greeted the customers and compiled their orders
• Designed various deals on weekly basis to enhance sales
• Made changes in menu and display according to what the shop was serving
• Maintained the equipment in neat and functional condition
• Took custom drink orders and served the same with precision
• Booked the café for special events and made sure the committed services were delivered
• Handled the cash till
• Kept track of supplies and ordered more supplies regularly
• Checked all stock upon receiving and maintaining inventory for the same
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
JFK College, New Jersey, NY