A combination resume is a resume that has essential features of both functional and reverse chronological resumes.
It aims to place equal focus on your skills and your employment history.
Typically, a combination resume is the best option for you if:
- You are looking for a career change
- You are a fresh graduate
- You lack ample relevant experience
- You feel that you have job-related skills that need to be highlighted as much as your job history
A good combination resume for the position of Administrative Assistant begins with a strong summary followed by highlights of relevant expertise, skills, and work history.
It must be designed smartly so as to keep the employer’s focus balanced on both criteria mentioned above. In addition to suitable and eye-catching formatting, the choice of words and the content itself matter a lot.
If you are seeking guidance on how to compose a combination resume for an administrative assistant you have reached the correct page. We are here to help you!
Below is a sample combination resume sample for the position of Administrative Assistant.
Sample combination Resume for Administrative Assistant Position
69 Columbus Condos
New Parkland, CA 87990
mathew .parker @ email. com
Passionate computer graduate with excellent time management, correspondence handling, and communication skills; seeking an Administrative Assistant position with XYZ Company to leverage proven organization skills for better administrative support.
• Database management
• Editing and proofreading
• QuickBooks, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat
• Correspondence maintenance
• Petty cash tracking and management
• Customer Service
• Internal and external communication and collaboration
• Task prioritization and discretion
• Organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to stay focused
• Time management skills
Dawson & Co, New Parkland, CA
2019 – Present
Highlights of Accomplishments
• Restructured the filing system and reduced data retrieval time by 50%.
• Initiated a paper recycling mechanism that resulted in a 30% cost reduction in terms of paper usage.
• Scheduled the CEO’s trips in a cost-effective manner that reduced the annual traveling costs by $1300 per month.
• Resourced cost-effective stationery vendors and significantly reduced the company’s per annum stationery expense.
• Communicated all upcoming meetings and appointments to staff and clients and took minutes for the same
• Delegated with travel agencies and secured cost-effective deals to ensure economical and timely travel arrangements for the CEO
• Handled all phone calls and correspondence
• Managed the CEO’s appointment diary
• Ordered workplace supplies and kept a record of all stock
• Maintained all company-related data using a modern filing system in an organized manner
• Covered the front desk as and when required
Associate’s Degree in Administration (2019)
ADC College, New Parkland, CA
• Travel Journaling
• Book Reading