Retired people often seek re-employment either to meet their financial needs or to get rid of their boredom. Many professionals choose a career in consultancy related to their field.
Whatever the case may be, a retiree re-entering the job market definitely needs a resume.
We offer guidelines on how to build a resume once you have retired, along with a sample resume for a retired business professional seeking a career as a business consultant.
Considering you have been working at the same place for the past few years it is advisable to update and revitalize your resume as per modern resume writing standards.
Showcase the years of experience you have in the summary and use them to your candidacy’s benefit.
You probably have a long work history so express it as briefly as possible, focussing mainly on key accomplishments and latest held positions.
See also: Retiree Cover Letter
Resume Sample for Retirees
314 Rosemary Lane • Herndon, VA 89003 • (006) 333-2222 • samuel @ email . com
Accomplished business professional with vast experience in business development and resource allocation. A proven entrepreneur who is attentive to details and produces profitable results, known for taking initiative and meeting challenging deadlines. Substantial experience in the corporate sector within areas of project coordination, business continuity management, financial advisory, and impact analysis.
• Augmented annual revenues by 100% through proactive collaboration and partnerships with other investors
• Directed 12 medium to large enterprise projects and exceeded sales targets by 70%
• Developed a contemporary business continuity and enhancement plan that led to swift recovery of losses and rendered a project worth $17M profitable
|– Project Analysis||– Competition Analysis||– Project Development|
|– Product Branding||– Supervisory Auditing||– Partner Collaboration|
|– Development Support||– Strategic Alliance||– Corporate Relationship|
|– Wealth Management||– Team Building||– Business Intelligence|
Director of Business Continuity
REED ELSEVIER, Herndon, VA, 8/2006 to 11/2014
- Collaborate with management, production, engineering and customer service team to gather project requirements, establish business needs and develop subsequent business plans.
- Tune high-level business requirements and direct the development team to undertake new and productive initiatives.
- Retain the wealth management process, oversee the budget allocation and collaborate with potential partners for project elevation and capital enhancement
Business Development Specialist
REED ELSEVIER, Herndon, VA, 3/1998 to 7/2006
Strategic Business Analyst
METEORIX, Herndon, VA, 8/1987 to 2/1998
DELL, Herndon, VA, 5/1980 to 7/1987
Master’s Degree in Business Administration
ADVANCE INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS, Herndon, VA
American Society for Entrepreneur ASFE
Association for Financial Professionals AFP
American Management Association AMA