If you are a retired person seeking a career in daycare, the hybrid resume format suits you best.
Combining the functional and reverse chronological formats, this type of resume will not only help in highlighting your core competencies but will also present your relevant experience in an organized manner.
How to Write a Resume for Daycare Jobs?
- Carefully tailor your resume as per the requirements of the specific employer.
- Convince the employer that your candidacy is best for them.
- Add some personality to your document, it will help you stand out. Using some descriptive phrases using strong adjectives can be very helpful.
- If you are keeping up with technology, let the hiring manager know by including your LinkedIn ID.
Below is a resume template for retirees for daycare jobs.
Retiree’s Resume Template for Daycare Jobs
609 Cherry Tree Lane, Rochester, MN 78002
oliver @ email . com
Highly personable, imaginative, and tactful daycare provider with a genuine interest in fostering children’s cognitive and social growth. Skilled in designing innovative and hands-on activities to meet the emotional and developmental needs of children. Track record of creating and maintaining a fun and challenging learning environment. A safety-minded person who has strong communication and interpersonal skills. Expert user of MS Office applications.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Play supervision
- Violence reporting
- Child Safety
- Parental communication
- Inventory upkeep
- Crises intervention
- Child transportation
- Activity designing
- Personal care
- Incident documentation
• Devised numerous age-specific activities for children aiming at cognitive development and implemented the same effectively.
• Reduced the rate of violent incidents and behavioral problems up to 90% by developing efficient preventive counseling sessions.
• Supervised a facility consisting of 50+ enrolled children ensuring their safety, growth, and development.
Child Care Worker
BRIGHT HORIZONS, Rochester, MN
6/2019 – 4/2020
• Devised and implemented developmentally suitable activities for the children.
• Provided crisis intervention in case of violent incidents.
• Communicated with the children’s parents regularly regarding progress.
• Maintained a safe and healthy environment for children to play, learn, and grow.
Child Care Aide | 9/1994 – 5/2000
SUNSHINE HOMES, Rochester, MN
Day Care Helper | 6/1982 – 8/1994
MAYO CLINIC, Rochester, MN
Associate of Science in Child Psychology
Community College, Rochester, MN, 1982
American Association of Child Psychology
Member: International Children Rights Society
• ACLS Certified
• Bilingual: English/Italian