Re-entering the workforce is quite a challenge, especially if you have retired once, and are hoping to work again.
However, it is not impossible to do. As long as your job application documents are sorted out, you do not have to worry.
For now, let’s focus on the resume summary statement.
As a retired person, hoping to go back to work, the summary should specifically highlight what you want to do.
If you have identified a position, make sure that you have had experience in it. In your resume summary, specifically mention which area you are good at, and how you intend to make a contribution.
In the good news department, many employers want to hire retired individuals as they have the experience that they are looking for.
All you have to do is make sure that the beginning of your resume aka the summary complements your skills.
Professional Summary Statements for Resume for Retired
• Highly qualified Accountant hoping to re-enter the workforce, employing an excellent track record in accounting. Exceptional ability to handle accounts payable and receivable in accordance with set protocols and rules. A great leader and communicator who works effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Retired Security Officer with over 20 years of successful experience in providing exceptional security services. Anticipating a position where knowledge of building and personal security can be utilized. Known to apprehend criminals, and take necessary action.
• Experienced Chef, boasting 15 years of expertise in cooking different cuisines such as French, Italian, Korean, Indian, and American. Expert in creating menus in accordance with customers’ specific likes, hoping to restart work in a high-end hotel kitchen, offers excellence in all areas of cooking and baking.
• Competent and efficient Writer, qualified to write and edit a wide range of books and articles. Re-entering the workforce to provide excellence in creating engaging content, and leading writer groups to learn basic and advanced writing and editing skills. Hands-on experience in working with both fiction and nonfiction genres of writing.
• Highly accomplished Sales Manager, boasting 10+ years of work experience pre-retirement. Anticipating a position that would leverage this experience to benefit the company’s sales. Eager to offer excellent knowledge of sales, marketing, and merchandising.
• An exceptionally talented individual with over 20 years of experience in handling administrative work. Documented success in determining administrative policies and procedures for each department. Presently seeking an Administrator position. Excellent organizational skills, backed by two decades of experience in this regard.