Lifeguards are skilled swimmers who ensure the protection of swimmers and people around pool areas and beaches.
They work at pools and beaches, youth associations, schools, community recreation departments, personal swim clubs, and hotels.
Lifeguards have to be qualified in water safety. They know how to begin rescue and take a distressed swimmer away from the water.
They also know first aid and are able to give artificial respiration if needed.
In an effort to ensure the swimmers’ safety, lifeguards watch for situations that could make accidents possible. They do not permit rough play or hazardous objects in the water or the surrounding areas.
Writing your first resume for the position of a lifeguard is not a difficult task. In order to craft a good resume, you should find out the needs of the prospective employer through their advertisement.
The following sample resume of an entry-level lifeguard will help you write your first resume for a lifeguard job. It is very useful for new lifeguards and high school students.
Also, see this Lifeguard Cover Letter to make a perfect job application set.
Sample Entry Level New Lifeguard Resume With No Experience
44-6 Atlanta Avenue
Peterborough, ON D5S 1C1
Competent and enthusiastic individual, looking for a position as a lifeguard with Marriott where my passion can be used to ensure the safety of the swimmers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
St. Andrews College, Peterborough, ON
• Certified Canadian Red Cross Lifeguard
• First Aid and CPR – 2022
• Knowledge of day-to-day maintenance of the pool area.
• Able to ensure a safe and clean environment for members and guests.
• Committed to maintaining a safe and enjoyable pool or beach environment.
• Adept at providing emergency care and treatment.
• Customer Service
• Personal safety
• Public Interaction
AAA Babysitting Agency, Peterborough, ON
Jan 2022 – Apr 2022
• Provided ongoing and compassionate care to children of different age groups.
• Organized leisure activities for children.
• Helped children swim in the home pool.
• Watched over children in the pool area.
• Advanced knowledge of basic swim techniques and strokes
• Ability to react rapidly yet calmly in emergency situations
• Able to work well with children and elderly swimmers
• Demonstrated ability to follow instructions timely and efficiently
Excellent professional references are available