Lifeguards may work at pools, or at the beach depending on their specific job placement.
They are expert swimmers who are expected to provide new swimmers with training and safety while swimming.
In order to get a job as a lifeguard, you will need to craft a resume as well as a cover letter.
As a matter of fact, a lifeguard resume should be compelling enough to grab the attention of the recruiter. You can make it compelling by adding a summary, skills, experience, lifeguard achievements, and educational information.
Take a look at the necessary sections of the resume for a lifeguard in the example below.
This format will help employers to quickly identify your key lifeguard skills and accomplishments and invite you for an interview.
Related: Lifeguard Cover Letter
Lifeguard Resume Sample
112 Shell Beach Avenue | Cheyenne, WY 88930 | (000) 524-5902 | Email
Dedicated to providing safety to swimmers.
Over 11 years’ specialized experience in ensuring the safety of individuals at pools and beaches. Demonstrated ability to inspect swimming area and report any unsafe conditions. Proficient in administering life-saving procedures using First Aid and CPR Certified certifications. In-depth knowledge of safety procedures and protocols relevant to swimming and other water sports.
- Thorough knowledge of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques
- Superb leadership, public relations, and communication skills
- Decision making
- Proven ability to provide CPR and First Aid immediately and effectively
- Safeguarded a group of students who were in danger of drowning.
- Worked actively as part of the rescue team for the group of kayakers stuck in the undercurrent at Cheyenne Beach.
- Trained three groups of junior school students to be expert swimmers as part of their summer vacation activities.
Nirvana Club – Cheyenne, WY | Jul 2010 – Present
- Recognize emergencies and respond immediately
- Enforce all policies and procedures about aquatic facilities
- Inspect facility on a daily basis and report unsafe conditions
- Monitor activities at the facility
- Create activity reports
- Provide swimming lessons
Blue Valley Recreation – Overland Park, KS | May 2007 – Jul 2010
- Observed and organized activities of swimmers
- Enforced applicable pool policies and regulations
- Rescued swimmers in distress
- Provided emergency care
- Took part in work area cleaning and maintenance
- Maintained records, reports, and activity logs
Cheyenne High School, Cheyenne, WY – 2004
CPR and First Aid
Red Cross Advanced Lifesaving Certificate