Working in daycare is a job of great responsibility since one has to do more than just look after little children.
They need to be vigilant at all times along with ensuring that each child is taken care of according to their age and special instructions provided by parents.
With so many mishaps happening in daycares – child abuse being top of the list – parents or agencies are always very choosy when it comes to finding the best for their children.
This means that the competition between daycare centers is increasing with the passage of time. This also means that daycare centers need to be able to provide more than the usual services.
Let us have a look at some of the skills that daycare professionals should have to be able to provide the best of services. These bullet points can be used in the skills or qualifications section of your resume.
Sample Skills for Daycare Resume
1. Working knowledge of primary infant and child care protocols
2. Excellent organizational skills along with the ability to work well in a stressful environment
3. Knowledge of child development theories and practices
4. Exceptional team building and supervisory skills
5. Well-honed analytic and problem-solving skills
6. Effective time management abilities
7. Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
8. Profound ability to be compassionate and understand the needs of toddlers
9. Able to adapt to different age groups
10. Known for remaining calm and patient in hectic situations
11. Adept at managing children with special needs
12. Demonstrated ability to prepare nutritious meals and snacks appropriate to the age group
13. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to get along with people from different backgrounds
14. Special talent for continually supervising and monitoring the safety of children
15. Ability to help children keep good hygiene
16. Special talent for organizing activities that allow children to learn about the world and explore their interests
17. Proficient in keeping records of children’s progress, routines, and interests